TWEAKMONSTER BGA RAMSINK INSTALLATION
Thank you for purchasing a Tweakmonster BGA RAMsink. Rest assured that you have the best
RAMsink that provides optimal heat dissipation on your video card memory chip. The
Tweakmonster BGA RAMsink will help you achieve better video stability and greater system
performance, whether overclocking your video card or not. Set aside an hour to complete the
installation, and then allow at least six hours to dry. The total time to complete this installation is
approximately seven hours, which includes drying time.
Tweakmonster is not responsible for any damage to any hardware caused by the installation of
this RAMsink. If the RAMsink appears to be damaged before installation, don’t attempt install it,
and return it for a replacement.
• One Tweakmonster RAMsink
• The video card to be modded
• Several cotton swabs
• 400-600 grit sandpaper or steel wool (to remove oxidation)
• Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, or equivalent, for cleaning sanded residue
• Multi-purpose sealant spray (to prevent further oxidation)
• Non-conductive thermal adhesive
• Thermal compound (to slightly weaken the adhesive for later removal)
• Masking tape (to mask the edges of your RAMchip memory pins from adhesive)
PREPARING FOR INSTALLATION
1. Choose a clean, flat surface to use for an hour during installation, and afterwards to dry
undisturbed for at least six hours.
2. Take the sandpaper and LIGHTLY sand away any oxidation. Residue may be on your
RAMsink, and this is due to oxygen tarnishing the surface.
3. Dip the end of one cotton swab into Isopropyl alcohol and clean the residue from your
RAMsink. tallow the alcohol to evaporate for a few minutes before applying the sealant.
4. Spray a THIN coat of the Multi-Purpose Sealant on the surface of your RAMsink, and let
your RAMsink dry for a few minutes while you prepare the RAM chip.
5. LIGHTLY sand the top of the RAM chip you have chosen to place a RAMsink on.
Preparing the surface of your RAM chip will ensure that the RAMsink adhesive will
securely fasten the RAMsink.
6. Dip the end of one cotton swab in Isopropyl alcohol and clean the surface of the RAM
chip. Allow the alcohol to evaporate for a few minutes before masking the edges of your
7. Mask the edges of each chip with masking tape. IMPORTANT! Masking the edges of
each chip with masking tape ensures that no adhesive gets on your RAMchip memory
pins. You only want to apply adhesive between the RAMchip and your RAMsink. Any
overflowing adhesive may short-circuit your video card--destroying your card!
APPLYING THE ADHESIVE AND RAMSINK
8. Mix a thumbnail amount of thermal adhesive in a 1:1 ratio. It’s a fast-acting solution, so
immediately add one part thermal compound so the adhesive bond doesn’t get too strong.
Someday you may want to remove the RAMsink without breaking your video card. Mix
just enough for a few applications at a time so it doesn’t all dry out at once.
9. Apply a few evenly-spaced droplets of your mixed adhesive on your RAMchip and press
firmly on your RAMsink. Even though you have your RAMchip masked, you don’t want
to use too much sloppy adhesive, and don’t press harder than a few ounces of pressure.
10. Now carefully place, and firmly press your RAMsink onto your RAMchip. You may see
some adhesive squeeze out from underneath and over the protective masking tape.
COMPLETING YOUR RAMSINK INSTALLATION
11. Allow your RAMsinks to dry for one hour before carefully removing the masking tape.
This is just enough time to allow for the adhesive to dry and remove the tape so it doesn’t
12. Let the adhesive dry undisturbed for at least six hours.
VERIFYING YOUR INSTALLATION
Once your adhesive has dried completely, examine the card for any adhesive residue. You
shouldn’t see any adhesive covering your RAMchip memory pins. If any adhesive shorts your
memory pins, your RAMchip could fry, and you’ll see a kaleidoscope of colors upon boot up.
You can remove this residue carefully by scraping it away with a needle. Your RAMsink should
now be properly applied, and your video card is ready to re-install and use. Congratulations!
Enjoy greater stability and performance with your Tweakmonster BGA RAMsink. Thanks again
for purchasing a Tweakmonster BGA RAMsink.