ROUND 2 BUSINESS QUIZZING PORTAL‘WWW.BIZQUIZ.IN’ PRESENTS ITS SPECIAL FEATURE: QRYPTIC-O-QUNNECT
QRYPTIC QLUE 3 Cryptic Clues in one sentence. Identify the company. VISUAL QUNNECTS3 Images visually connected to each other. Identify the company.
Pounce, But No Bounce! Maximum Points to be Earned : 255 each for getting the individual three connects and 5 for identifying the company On Pounce : Everything or Nothing :+20, -10Pounce on Your Direct : +25, -10 (+5 for Risk) Direct : 5 X Clues/Connects/MegaConnect
WADIA GROUP• USA’s national anthem ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ was written on HMS Minden , a Wadia ship• ‘GO’ Air Wadias subsidiary• Neville Wadia (grandfather of Ness Wadia) was married to Dina, the only daughter of Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
ROUND 3• Ten Questions : Infinite Pounce • Pounce : +20, -10 (Pounce on your direct – Yo!) • Direct : +10, No Negatives
1. This song was recorded as apromotional song for a company thathad its tagline Always __________ in 1993. Identify the company! (AUDIO)
2. He was a decent cricketer who represented the Parsees against Europeans in 1904, but his business commitments did not allow him time to play more. He held a belief that man is better through sport,and as such he took an active interest in many areas, and was chairman of the Cricket Club of India until his death in 1938. He was instrumental in setting upthe debenture scheme which saved the development of the Brabourne Stadium and he also donated large sums towards the construction of the pavilion. Who was this person who once again came into news in December 2012?
Nowroji Saklatwala – First Non-Tata to be the Chairman of Tata Group
3.“I wrote the book _____________ more than 23 years ago. Obviously, this was written from my perspective as a 16-year old with the help of a co-writer Stan Redding. I was interviewed by the co-writer only about four times. I believe he did a great job of telling the story, but he also over dramatized and exaggerated some of the story. That was his style and what the editor wanted. He always reminded me that he was just telling a story and not writing my biography. This is one of the reasons that from the very beginning, I insisted the publisher put a disclaimer in the book and tapes.”
4. X is the retail arm of the Tata Group. Started in 1998, X operates Westside, one of the many growing retail chains in India based in Mumbai. In 1998 Tata sold of their 50% stake in the cosmetic productscompany Lakmé to HLL for Rs 200 Crore(approx. 45 million US$), and created X from the money it made through the
5.Bunge Limited, formerly Bunge International is a Bermudan food processing corporation with its headquarters in White Plains, New York. As well as being a leading global soyabean exporter it is also involved in food processing, grain trading, and fertilizer. Which brand, one of the longest-living in India is currently owned by Bunge India Pvt Ltd?
6.The construct of this logo is based on thefact that it carries an emotional response across all boundaries. It is characterised by a bird in flight- unrestricted andunhindered. Choice of colours are yellow and red. Red denotes energy, passionand commitment. Yellow denotes joy and happiness. Whose logo?
7. In marketing strategy, ____________ refers to a reduction in sales volume, sales revenue, or market share of one product as a result of the introduction of a new product by the same producer. While this may seem inherently negative, in the context of a carefully planned strategy, it can beeffective, by ultimately growing the market, or better meeting consumer demands.It is a key consideration in product portfolio analysis. For example, when Apple introduced iPad, this took sales away from the original Macintosh, but ultimately led to an expanded market for consumer computing hardware.
8. Manufactured by Rohit Surfactants Private Limited (RSPL), a Kanpur based 3000 crorediversified conglomerate in India, this brandwas founded by Muralidhar and Bimal KumarGyanchandani in 1987. It came to limelight inlate 2012 when it grabbed top spot in terms of market share in its product category almost after 25 years.
9. Born as X Lifshitz in New York to Jewish immigrants, from Belarus. Xs family name was originally Lifschitz, but he changed it to Y when he was 15 years old.“My given name has the word shit in it,” he told Oprah Winfrey. “When I was a kid, the other kids would make a lot of fun of me. It was a tough name. Thats why I decided to change it. Then people said, "Did you change your name because you dont want to be Jewish?" I said, "Absolutely not. Thats not what its about. My cousins who lived in California had changed their last name to Lawrence. So I just thought, "Im going to pick a nice last name"—it wasnt particularly connected to anything or anyone."
10.When asked why was X chosen as the name of the company, its founder said, "One day I was in San Francisco in a coffee shop, and I was thinking X is a good name. And then a waitress came, and I said do you know about X? And she said yes. I said what doyou know about X, and she said ‘Open sesame. And I said yes, this is the name!Then I went onto the street and found 30 people and asked them, ‘Do you know X?’ People from India, people from Germany, people from Tokyo and China… They all knew about X. X — open sesame. X is a kind, smart business person, and he helped the village. So…easy to spell, and globally known. X opens sesame for small- to medium-sized companies. We also registered the name _________, in case someone wants to marry us!”