• Website: http://secondwindtour.org
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/secondwindtour
• Facebook: http://fb.com/secondwindtour
• Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/secondwindtour
More to follow as tour beings
• Sponsor/Faculty Twitter list: http://2ndwnd.co/tour-list
• It’s important to follow and engage with the entire tour community.
Together we have an incredibly large audience.
Twitter – Important Elements
• Official tour handle - @secondwindtour
• Tour Hashtags
• #SecondWind – when speaking about the book or the concepts of
• #BookShopSelfie – Crowdsourced selfie images of the book at
Barnes & Noble
• #AskBill – Weekly Q+A sessions with Dr. Bill Thomas
Hashtags create a conversation. It is important to listen, join and
engage in these conversations. We will likely also take advantage
of regional conversations (#SecondWindNYC)
Make Your Tweets Public!
1. Direct Mention
2. “At” Mention
This will not show
in public timelines
Tweet to display
• Use Facebook as your page to comment/like/engage
• Mention users in replies for a personal touch and better
• Live Q & A session
• Follow @SecondWindTour and @DrBillThomas
• Ask questions using #AskBill and/or tweet TO
• Questions will be posted publicly as Q1, Q2, etc
• Answers will come from @SecondWindTour as A1, A2, etc.
• Full recap will be available on the Second Wind Tour Blog
• Encouraging everyone to get involved.
• Go to Barnes & Noble or other local bookstore and send us a
selfie with Second Wind, a book related to the movement or
simply your favorite title.
• Twitter #BookShopSelfie, @SecondWindTour
• Don’t forget to mention @BNBuzz (Barnes & Noble)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• More info: http://secondwindtour.org/get-
Powerful Twitter Tools
• Twitter Search – search.twitter.com
• An underrated utility for reaching your community. Search for
relevant terms, keywords and hashtags and engage with new
users… Don’t forget to listen!
• Followerwonk - http://followerwonk.com/
• Search Twitter Bios and history to find influencers, and sort by
• Topsy - http://topsy.com/
• Search for relevant content, users and influencers. A great place
to source content and engage with existing conversations.