Migrating to Structure
A Hands-On Live Demo
with Bernard Aschwanden
(plus the most bland slides EVER)
• Moving to DITA from tools like Microsoft Word, or
from an unstructured FrameMaker environment,
can seem daunting.
• Live demo of legacy files to DITA content.
• Word converts FrameMaker moves to structured
• Default templates reformatted.
• Then uploaded to XML Documentation for AEM.
• From Word or FrameMaker to DITA and a CCMS…
All within about an hour!
• How to migrate content to DITA fast and easy
• How to configure DITA templates in Adobe
• Upload and work within AEM with DITA
• Tips and Tricks to “do it yourself”
• Access to samples and help where needed
About your speaker
• Publishing Smarter: President
• Content strategist, publishing
technologies expert, author, and
• Part time prof
– Seneca College
– TECC program
• Certified Technical Trainer
– Content management
– Topic-based writing
Follow up contact information
905 833 8448 (Eastern Time)
I am the #1 result in a Google search for
Bernard Aschwanden... Go figure