Those who served:
Aldermen and councillors of your
municipalities and LGAs
• Date of election (even if there was no
• Who was elected (wards yes, parties no)
• Who served
• Deputy Mayors
• Fully footnoted
• Minutes (not complete);
• Government gazettes;
• TROVE newspapers (Cumberland Argus, SMH etc)
• Understanding the municipal term
• Disagreement between the records about
spelling of names
I can now easily find the answer to the
• Who was the first woman elected?
• How long did she serve?
• Which Council has had the greatest representation
• How many women have served on Council?
• Who is the longest serving mayor?
• Have we ever had a popularly elected mayor?
• Who is the longest serving
• Have we always had wards? Same number?
• When did person X serve? Was he/she ever
• Plus I have it both for Ryde and Eastwood
municipalities so the ‘subsumed’ council has
not been forgotten
• It can’t answer: am I the youngest
mayor/councillor etc because it’s not a
biographical database or a history of Council