Camden Stroke Recovery Club
Camden Council Library Service
Camden & Campbelltown Social
Review the specific needs of stroke patients in an acute and sub acute setting – Hospital staff
Develop community partnerships in a sector that we are passionate about, that would assist:
1. hospital staff to identify tools/resources that will aid the stroke recovery journey
2. hospital inpatients to access appropriate stroke specific resources and local supports – Stroke
Recovery Club and Camden Council Library Service
What is the aim of The Stroke Recovery Project?
1. Partnerships developed with Stroke
Recovery Club and Camden Council Library
2. Stroke Recovery Club submitted Small
Grants Application to Camden Council and
were successful in receiving a $5000 grant
3. Equipment and resources were purchased
What happened next?
Resources and partnerships are now
in place to assist us in improving
the stroke recovery journey for
patients at Camden Hospital:
2. Partnership developed with the local
Stroke Recovery Club will be invaluable
in assisting patients to transition back
to the community from the hospital
1. The grant application funds were
used to purchase the following:
- 5 iPAD’s with anti-shock/anti theft
- 10 portable DVD players
- iTune cards
3. Partnership between Camden Hospital and Camden Library Services - a
major resource provider for the Project:
- downloaded therapeutic apps, games etc onto the iPAD’s
- donated DVD’s to the hospital for patient use.
- will provide regular maintenance checks on the equipment and re-load
iPads with updated information and applications if needed.
- offer Camden patients free access to library resources and equipment while
they are inpatients.
- patients may become HLS patrons once released from Camden hosptial