Be the first to like this
A Global Look at IT Audit Best Practices
Read full report at www.protiviti.com/ITauditsurvey
There is no disputing technology’s role in business today as an enabler of virtually every process and function. With this enablement and the advantages IT brings also come global risks – security, cyberattacks, privacy issues, data breaches, governance, asset management and much more. The critical question we ask is: Are IT audit practices keeping pace in order to assess, monitor and mitigate critical risks coupled to a technology-enabled business? This is what ISACA and Protiviti set out to determine in conducting the fourth annual IT Audit Benchmarking Survey.
Our 5 key findings from this year’s study:
1. Cybersecurity and privacy are primary concerns.
2. Companies face significant IT audit staffing and resource challenges.
3. Audit committees, as well as organizations in general, are becoming more engaged in IT audit.
4. IT audit risk assessments are not being conducted, or updated, frequently enough.
5. Room for growth in IT audit reports and reporting structures