Breath of Life International Church
School of Apostolic Ministry
• Greek diakoneo
– “to serve”
– public and humble service to God and His people
• Jesus Christ, the pattern for Christian Ministry
– Matthew 20:28
– Mark 10:45
– Luke 4:18
• Three-fold Jurisdiction
• A marriage of leadership and servant hood
– Matthew 16:24
• Acts 2:38-43
– Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one
of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and
ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
– For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that
are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
– And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying,
Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
– Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the
same day there were added unto them about three thousand
– And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and
fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
– And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs
were done by the apostles.
• Foundation of Pastors and
• Political, social and/or
• Demonstration of
• Growth centered
• Social identity
• Selection by popularity
• Foundation of Apostles and
• Gospel message of
• Demonstration of power, by
the Holy Ghost
• Kingdom building
• Eternal identity
• Selection by divine call
• Ephesians 2:18-22
– For through him we both have access by one Spirit
unto the Father.
– Now therefore ye are no more strangers and
foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of
the household of God;
– And are built upon the foundation of the apostles
and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief
– In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth
unto an holy temple in the Lord:
– In whom ye also are builded together for an
habitation of God through the Spirit.