Speaking in front of a group is feared more thandeath, illness, or poverty. It is the number onefear for most people.That fear stems from a lack of self-confidencethat started in childhood.
It is linked closely with shyness. "Be Quiet.""Silence is golden." "It is best to be seen, notheard."These are typical remarks from teachers andparents, which are carried on to adulthood.
1 -You are the center of attention and exposed,thus fear failing.2 - You know mistakes are likely.3 - You lack experience, because you have nevertried speaking.4 - You are untrained.5 - You dont know how to start, or what to do.6 - Previous speaking experiences made you feelfoolish and embarrassed.
1. Listen to your internal dialog.2. Visualize a positive out come. 3. Its not all your fault.
4. Do you believe in your message, do you havesomething to say?5. Look at your audience as an extension of yourfamily.6. Prepare a good introduction and conclusion.Open with impact, close with direction.
7. Be Natural. 8. Record Yourself. 9. The audience want speakers who arebelievable, dynamic, comfortable, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, & uses humor.
10. A good speaker leaves the audience hungryfor more. Stimulate them to action.11. Over dress.12. Read your audiences reaction. Learn to dancewith them. You lead, they will follow.
13. Ask for angled or curved seating, so theaudience can see each others reactions.14. Your audience will best remember the firstand last things you discuss, plus those which areoutstanding, relevant, and repeated.
15. FOR A SHORT SPEECH: Identify your topic.Write the conclusion you want to reach. Writeyour attention getting opening. Choose 3 keypoints you want to make. Find or create a storyor illustration that proves each point. Addlinkage to bridge the gap between (transitions).Fear results from too much thinking. Wegenerate fear while we sit. We overcome fears byacting. Fear is natures warning to get busy.Believing in yourself is another key.
Discover How You Can Be Confident andComfortable in Front of Any Group with "PublicSpeaking Made Easy". Speak With Power andAssurance! Complete details are at;http://www.kathycommunicates.com/psme