GREEK & ROMAN HUMANITIES
HUM2220 · Professor Will Adams · Wadams5@valenciacollege.edu
Office hours by appointment · Osceola Campus – Building 3, Room 208
Class Meeting: Mondays & Wednesdays, 10:30 – 11:45 AM
‘300’ FILM RESPONSE • NAME:
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN AT LEAST ONE COMPLETE SENTENCE.
1. At what age were Spartan boys taken
from the home for military training?
8. When the Persians threaten the
Spartans saying that “[our arrows] will
block out the sun”, how do the Spartans
2. What is the Greek word for that
3. When the Persian emissary arrives in
Sparta, what two things does he ask for?
9. Name one type of exotic animal
employed by the Persian army.
10. What is the name of the Persian godking against whom Leonidas fights?
4. When the Persian emissary asks Queen
Gorgo what right she has to address him
as a man, what justification does she give
11. Who narrates the story of the battle?
5. What are the ancient Spartan oracles
12. What is the name of the traitorous
Spartan councilman who slandered the
6. Do those oracles advise Leonidas to go
13. What is the name of the Spartan who
betrayed Leonidas and his troops?
7. What event do those oracles advise
Leonidas not to be absent for?
14. Did the Spartans win the Battle of the
15. What lesson can be learned?