Have you ever felt like your life has become all about juggling the priorities? And you're just on this hamster wheel...
Phoebe Peck has been on that wheel - and knows you need to stop.
From juggling near term to long term priorities, Phoebe will be share tried and tested strategies for running in a straighter-ish direction while recognising detours, temptations and pitfalls along the way.
Phoebe Peck is passionate about hospitality, technology, people and leaving positive imprints on the world through the decisions we make and the actions we take.
Phoebe is Head of Product for the industry-leading hospitality SaaS Company, Redcat. Her talents in product and technology have greatly benefited from a strong operational and managerial background in best of breed quick-service restaurants, and fast-casual hospitality business.
Phoebe values teamwork, perseverance, work ethic and honesty. Phoebe attributes her professional success to her internal drive, continuous learning and working with amazing people.
Phoebe lives in the heart of Tigerland, is a mother of 2, is very competitive, always up for a challenge and has ambitions to one day present at TED.
OK so HOW? -Communications is KING! And dare I say it, one of the top attributes of a PM Make sure you are touching base with all the stakeholders super regularly to build your fact farm. The teams you work with, are they ready -Learn to sort the fact from the fiction -Ask for feedback -Perform Retros!7
Prioritisation: the ultimate hamster wheel
• WHAT PRIORITISATION METHOD DO YOU SUBSCRIBE TO?
• RISK V REWARD: HOW OFTEN DO YOU INTRODUCE NEW TECH DEBT?
• ON AVERAGE, HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK WOULD YOU SPEND PRIORITIZING SPRINTS?
• ON AVERAGE, HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK WOULD YOU SPEND PRIORITIZING MARATHONS (ROADMAPS)?
PREPARE, DO YOUR RESEARCH
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER, I WOULD LIKE A ROBOT TO PRIORITISE ALL INCOMING REQUESTS SO THAT I CAN
HAVE MORE TIME TO EAT CHEESE AND DRINK WINE.
FOCUS, SELECT YOUR EVENT, SPRINT V
• METHOD MATCH (WHO, WHAT, HOW)
• TASKS (WHAT, WHY)
• STAKEHOLDERS (WHO, WHY, WHEN)
STAY ON TRACK, TRAINING, TEMPTATION &
• CHECK YOUR COMPASS REGULARLY
• PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS!
• SAY NO….? REALLY?
• STAND SQUARE ON, EYES OPEN
• LISTEN, REMOVE EGO!
• GIVE YOURSELF SOME SLACK
THE LAST KMS, PUTTING IT ALL
TOGETHER/THEORY INTO ACTION
• KNOW WHO YOU ARE PRIORITIZING FOR. THE CUSTOMER AND THE BUSINESS (OUTCOMES)
• MAKE IT EASY TO UNDERSTAND. CREATE A UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE.
• MAKE IT EASY TO DO, ANYONE FROM C-LEVEL TO ENTRY LEVEL SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT
• BE A FACT FINDER
• ADD EMOTION/FEELING AT THE END
‘NOW RUN LIKE THE WIND BULLSEYE!’
QUESTIONS TO YOU
• WHAT HOT TIPS DO YOU HAVE TO SHARE?
• HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE PRIORITISED WELL?
REVIEW THE EVENT/PERFORMANCE
• IT IS HARD
• TRAIN, IT DOES GET EASIER
• PRIORITISATION IS A DISCIPLINE