BEYOND COLOR AND GRAPHICS PRINTING?
Using traditional printing as a kind of 3D Printing (2D & 2.5D)
Deposition of fluids and Materials
Combining with color graphics or traditional applications
WHAT IS INDUSTRIAL PRINTING IN A SMART WAY?
Smart industrial printing is:
• Print as a process (= manufacturing step) and not really print as a product (like a banner)
• Can be high volume and low cost (label) or low volume and high cost (watch face)
• Could be part of a product and has no value on its own (antenna)
• Could be functional print (antennas, batteries, contacts,…)
• Could be industrial decoration (marking, coding, …)
• Could be packaging decoration (bottles, jars, …)
• Could be bio-medical, electronics, interior decoration, …
Who? Industrial printing is more done by specialised service partners.
Why? Industrial printing is optimising production (time, cost and possibilities)
Industrial Inkjet brings new possibilites of mass customisation
BUILDING BLOCKS OF THE FUTURE OF PRINTING
IoT (Internet of Things)
IoT (Internet of Things) 5
WHERE IS GROWTH EXPECTED FOR INDUSTRIAL PRINTING?
2. Décor & Laminate
3. 3D printing
INDUSTRIAL PRINT IS EVERYWHERE!
Image courtesy of Marabu
INDUSTRIAL PRINT IS EVEN IN YOUR CAR!
Image courtesy of Sun Chemical
BIO MEDICAL PRINTING
• Healthcare- Pharmaceutical industry looks for quick, cheap ways to detect potential diseases
• Typically sold as over the counter (OTC) products (cfr pregency tests)
• Accurate detection based on blood, saliva, sweat, urine…
• Combination of:
• microfluid systems
• Printed Electronics
• Functional Printing
BIO MEDICAL PRINTING
Bio-Medical printed solutions
In combination with smart wearables,
smart sensors and smartphones
Will change the health-care for ever!
Sweat-based monitoringSTD tester based on urine
Blood based monitoring
BIO MEDICAL PRINTING: BIO SENSORS
Point of care diagnostics (POC)
• In situ/immediate testing.
• Close control and monitoring
VARIETY OF CONFIGURATIONS
- Wearable sensors
- Smart/packaging and control of food
- Implanted devices
- In-vivo formats
VIDEOS OF INSPIRATIONAL PROJECTS FOR BRANDS
DJ set in a pizza box by Pizza Hut Wireless keyboard by KFC
Audi TT brochure Hack
IN-MOLD ELECTRONICS: CROSSROAD OF IMD & PE
In-Mold Electronics: https://youtu.be/QDuc0YLFbds
Benefits of In-Mold Electronics:
• The Inkjet Conference, 24&25 October 2017, Neuss (Düsseldorf), Germany
• European’s largest inkjet chemistry & engineering conference for inkjet
• Direct Container Print, 27&28 November 2017, Düsseldorf, Germany
• Direct to shape printing (plastic) for screen and digital
• GlassPrint, 29&30 November 2017, Düsseldorf, Germany
• All glass decoration flat & hollow with screen and digital
The 2017 ESMA Conferences
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION!
AND SEE YOU SOON AT ONE OF OUR EVENTS
T: +3216894353 19