HealthScope 2000R Magazine
We are committed to the Health and Wellness of our community. As such, HealthScope is committed to presenting this
region’s most up-to-date and educational health care information.
It is our desire to be the most visible publication in the health and wellness field……...
To ensure innovative and unsurpassed standards in the publishing fields….
And to enhance the wellness of our community, we commit ourselves to a diverse array of educational and uplifting
Builds Trust and Confidence with Customers
“Magazine advertising has been the linchpin for many a successful small business. Remember,
the single most important reason people patronize one business over another is confidence.
Magazine advertisements breed confidence by instilling familiarity and giving credibility. A
properly produced magazine ad, preferably of the full-page variety, gives a small business more
credibility than any other mass-marketing medium.”
Source: Jay Conrad Levinson; Guerilla Marketing, Secrets for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business; third edition.
Why are Magazines
The Perfect Choice for Advertising….
• Magazine Readers Spend an Average of 45 Minutes Reading Each Issue1
• The Top 25 Magazines Reach More Adults Than the Top 25 TV Shows 2
• In a Study Conducted by Erdos and Morgan; Magazines Generated Greater Purchase Intent than Any
Other Medium 5
• Magazines are Targeted to a Specific Audience
– Magazines Talk to Readers About Their Interests
• Magazines are the Only Medium that Provide Pictures and Written Words to Communicate
– Readers Can Involve Themselves in Each Article
• Magazines are There When The Reader is Ready 1
– Magazines are Portable and Match Up With a Reader’s Schedule
Sources; 1) MRI, Fall 2002; 2) Nielson, MRI, Fall 2002; 5) Erdos and Morgan
City and Regional Magazines Have Large Impact
on Consumers With High Levels of Disposable Income
• Have High Level of Awareness and Readership Among “Influentials” and Opinion Leaders
– College Educated
– Above Average Income
– Make Significant Purchases Such As: Vacations, Remodeling, Jewelry, Investments, etc.
• Readers View City and Regional Magazines As Being “Excellent to Very Good”, Due To:
– In-depth Coverage of Issues Impacting Their Communities
– Complete Coverage of Issues that Influence their Life and Livelihood
Source: 2001 Erdos & Morgan Study of Local Influence and Involvement
HealthScope 2000R Magazine
The Most Recognized and Trusted
Health and Wellness Magazine for the Chattanooga Region
• 19 Years of Continuous Service to Chattanooga
• 19 Years of Health and Wellness Education
• The Only Health and Wellness Magazine for the Chattanooga Region
• Published 5 times annually
• In-depth Coverage of Wellness Issues
• Every Edition Has Departments Focused On:
– Fitness, Nutrition, Weight, Women’s Health, Seniors
Always Exhibits Superior Quality and Premium Image
That Reinforces the Same for It’s Advertisers
• Varnish Cover and 80 # stock
• 80 # Inside stock paper
• Excellent Editorial Provided by Chattanooga’s Finest Writers and Medical Community
• Advisory Board Comprised of Some of Chattanooga’s Best Medical Professionals
• Recognized By Printing Industry of the South; “Award of Excellence”
Is Distributed to Medical Professionals
and Adults with Higher Levels of Disposable Income
Using HealthScope Magazine’s Proprietary Mailing List:
• Distributed Directly to Doctors Providing Referrals and Influencing Health Decisions
• Mailed to all Medical Offices in Chattanooga Region
• Mailed Directly to Homes of Doctors
• Distributed Directly to Professional Locations Where Adults with Higher Income Can Be Reached
• Mailed Directly to Medical and Professional Offices
– Hospitals, Lawyers, Accountants, Banks, Stock Brokers, etc.
• Mailed to Locations Where Adults , Relax and Enjoy Themselves
– Golf Courses, Tennis Clubs, Salons, etc.
• Distributed Directly to:
• Medical Facilities Where Older Adults are Seeking Care
Total Readership per Issue from Controlled Circulation Alone 700,000
• Mailed Directly to Consumers With Income Great Enough to Seek Best Medical and Fitness Care
– Households with 2 to 3x the Average Income for the Chattanooga Region
HealthScope Magazine is Distributed to Reach Adult
Women – Key Decision Makers for Family and
Most Concerned for Health and Wellness
All Doctors, Medical and Health-Related Facilities Assisted Living Centers
Professional Offices of All Types Voluntary Eye Surgery Offices
Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Offices Cosmetic Dental Offices
Cosmetic Dermatology Offices Yoga Centers
Preventative Medicine Offices Weight Loss Centers
Spas Beauticians, Nail Shops
Health Clubs Fresh/Organic Food Stores
Nutritional Stores Higher End Coffee Shops
Country Clubs/Tennis Clubs
Reaches Adults With High Levels of Disposable Income
• Female Skew - 64%
• Average Age - 46
• 71% Married
– Above Household Income Nearly Double Average for Region
– Average Home Value Nearly 60% Greater Than Region Average
Sources: Independent Study Completed in 2005 for HealthScope; Chamber of Commerce, Association of Realtors
2008 Editorial Schedule
Issue Month/Date Special Feature Reserv. Date Date
March 15, 2008 Sleep Disorders 2/22/08 2/29/08
May 15, 2008 Your Skin - How to Keep it Healthy 4/18/08 4/25/08
July 15, 2008 Infectious Diseases - What You Should Know 6/20/08 6/27/08
September 15, 2008 Women's Health 8/15/08 8/22/08
December 5, 2008 Special Edition - Mental Health 11/7/08 11/14/08
2008 Price per Ad Size per Number of Issues (color)
Number of Issues Adv. In 1 2 4/5
Size of Ad
Full 2305 2150 2075
2/3 1920 1810 1730
1/2 1425 1360 1285
1/3 1100 1050 990
1/4 Offered for Special Editions
1/6 Offered for Special Editions
Inside Front 2745 2625 2465
Inside Back 2745 2625 2465
Outside Back 3190 3035 2865
Centerspread 4410 4200 3970
Charge for additional color - add $100 for each additional color.
Bleed Charge - no charge
Production Costs - All advertisements requiring production services will be billed
to the advertiser at cost of tme and material used in preparation of advertisement.
and HealthScope 2000 Magazines
Mechanical and Digital Ad Requirements
Printing Process…………………………………………………………...Sheet Fed Offset
Binding Method………CityScope – Perfect………HealthScope – Saddlestitch………Business Trend - Saddlestitch
Live Matter for Bleed Sizes should be .375” inside trim on ALL sides. Document must be created at the Trim Size.
All Sizes Are Shown as W x H
BLEED ADS Document or Trim Size Live Area Bleed Size
Spread (Full Bleed) 17" x 11" 16.25" x 10.25" 17.25" x 11.25"
Full Page Bleed 8.5" x 11" 7.75" x 10.25" 8.75" x 11.25"
NON-BLEED ADS Document or Trim Size
Spread (Gutter Bleed Only) 16"x9.75"
Full Page Non-Bleed 7.5" x 9.75"
2/3 Page Non-Bleed 4.75" x 9.75"
1/2 Page Horizontal 7.5" x 4.8125"
1/2 Page Vertical 4.75" x 7.375"
1/3 Page Horizontal 4.75" x 4.8125"
1/3 Page Vertical 2.3125" x 9.75"
1/4 Page Vertical 3.625" x 4.8125" (Special Sections Only)
DIGITAL FILE SUBMISSION
Please provide digital files via email (if under 9MB), or on CD-ROM, or upload to our ftp site.
Call 423.266.3440 for FTP login info.
DIGITAL FILE SPECIFICATIONS
Digital formats accepted:
PDF (preferred), TIF, EPS, or JPG.
Artwork must have all fonts outlined (paths), must be CMYK (not RGB or spot colors and created at 300 dpi
press quality. We can not be held responsible for printing errors due to incorrectly created files.
Image area not intended to be trimmed must be 5/16” from the trim size 8 ½” x 11”. Material intended to bleed
must be furnished with a minimum of 1/8” image area beyond the trim (8.75” x 11.25”). On anything less than 1/8”
bleed, publisher cannot guarantee consistent bleed.
QUESTIONS: Call Cindi Mullinix at 423-266-3440
SEND AD MATERIAL TO: Cindi Mullinix, CMC PUBLICATIONS, 502 Hamilton Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37405 or
PO Box 4482. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: CMC Publications accepts no responsibility for reproduction of content or ad material that is not provided in the form requested.
Full Page 2/3 Page Vertical
1/2 Page Horizontal 1/3 Page Horizontal 1/4 Page* 1/6 Page Horizonal**
*Special Editions Only
1/2 Page Vertical 1/3 Page Vertical 1/6 Page Vertical **
** For HealthScope Magazine Only
Magazine Bleed size is 8 7/8" x 11 3/8". Trims to approximately 8 1/2" x 11"