Simple Maintenance Tips for Multi-purpose Drilling Rigs
EXTEND THE LIFE AND
SAFETY OF THE DRILLING
RIGS WITH PROPER
Valuing and respecting the tools, equipment and
machinery is the main priority of any professional
tradesman. For drillers, it is most important to keep their
drilling rigs in good condition through regular maintenance
• A clean and orderly rig is always a safety rig! The
wear and tear or any other damages in the machine
parts can be detected quickly only in an equipment that
is clean and well-maintained.
• Before undertaking any adjustments on the rigs, first stop
the engine and place all the hydraulic moving parts in the
• If you are replacing any component of your rig then make
sure that he hydraulic and air hoses are suitable for the
• Conduct regular inspection of key components in your
rig and take accurate readings of engine oil, hydraulic
pressures, temperature, etc.
• Have a comprehensive knowledge on how the equipment
is supposed to look, sound and feel to avoid any costly
breakdowns and repairs.
• If the machinery makes any strange noise when it is
operating, expedite identifying the problem and making
necessary repairs by referring the owner’s manual.
• Lubricate the machine parts well for optimum
Visit www.prdrigs.com for more information.