R. Praveen (Roll no-32095)
Bharadhidasan Institute of Management
• What is ‘behavioural targeting’?
• New skills required
• Data and Privacy
• Targeting ads to
behaviors indicate that a
product category is
relevant to them.
Components of behavioral targeting
• Tracking and data collection
• Segmenting a user based on online behaviour
• Connecting this data to show advertisements
to that target customer
• Say I was looking to buy a car.
• If I’m anything like the majority of the population,
I would research different cars, price ranges,
brands, and gas mileage.
• Behavioral targeting would recognize that my
recent searches all have certain behaviors in
common and would serve me an ad for a car
• Behavioral targeting can get so specific, that it
can target people based off the brands of cars
they’re looking for as well!
Evolving landscape. New skills required
based on their digital