FROM COLLEGE TO CORPORATE
She said the following things during our conversation:
1. She wanted to pursue Phd, but she did not get an opportunity, so she joined corporate.
2. Life has changed a lot.
3. She can’t skip meetings like she used to skip classes.
4. She does not get to laze around.
5. She has to become more responsible.
6. She has to follow the dress-code.
7. She is more confident of herself.
8. Her family is more confident about her future.
9. She is financially independent.
10. She contributes to the family budget.
11. Her brother respects her more, as now she pays him pocket money.
12. She has less time to party with friends.
13. Earlier she had time but no money, today she has money but no time.
14. The first few days were very difficult for her, as she was not sure of her role.
15. She does not like the deadlines.
16. Her team members are very supportive, and that helped her in the transition.
17. She would like to have place where she could smoke.
18. She liked the office cafeteria.
19. She finds office to be boring.
20. She wants some recreational activities at work.
21. She loves weekends, as she can rewind.
22. Most of her friends in other corporates are facing similar challenges.
While observing her I found that:
1. She usually hangs around with her friends who joined with her.
2. Most of the time she is glued to the computer and rest she spends outside the office campus.
3. She likes to dress trendy.
4. She tries to restrict her laughs , while at work.
5. She gets conscious if some senior is around.
6. She usually leaves early.
7. She does not interact with people other than her team members.
8. She is usually found talking on the phone.
9. She is very active on social networking sites.
10. She seldom maintains eye contact while talking.
11. She asks her mentors many questions and tries to learn from them.
1. She is anxious because she has a perception of corporate.
2. She is not being her natural –self.
3. She is nervous of hierarchy.
4. She wants her office to be like her college.
5. She is curious about new things.
1. She feels restricted or bound.
2. She feels bored.
3. She feels that she will have to change to fit in the office environment.
4. She feels that she needs to meet expectations.
5. She feels that she is not doing well.
She is a fresh graduate from college who is in her early twenties. She loves partying and spending
time with her friends. She wants that office should have less restrictions and more like college.
Masha needs to find a way to enjoy and have more fun at work, without affecting the office
environment or discipline.
Unfortunately, Masha is not open to experimentation, as she is too scared. She has a certain
perception of work environment and she feels that she needs to behave in a certain way.