• Social media is often the first point of contact by people using internet. (socialmediainfluence.com)• Social Media has revolutionized marketing and sales strategies of businesses. (marketingmagazine.co.uk)• 37% of UK smartphone users have a social networking app on their phones which they use at least once a week. (Source: Initiative, June 2010)• Twitter claim to have 190 million users and that there are some 65 million tweets a day. (Source: Econsultancy blog, July 2010)• 40% of respondents clicked the „like‟ button for, or „liked‟, a company, brand or association on Facebook to receive discounts and promotions. (Source: ExactTarget, September 2010)• There are more than 60 million status updates on Facebook everyday. [Source:Facebook, August 2010]• LinkedIn has grown by an impressive 100 percent from last year, it now has over 100 million users across the globe. Interestingly, 56% of these users are from outside of the US
• Reflection of yourself• Selective representation of yourself• Evaluation• Meaningful interactions• Personality optimization• They are watching you!!
• Serious / Hobby / Interest• Mature• Persistent• Well informed• Networking and Interaction• Active• Something you should be proud of
• Do I have a LinkedIn profile?• If not, why?• Let’s create one?• Do I have the right picture?• Is my profile optimized?• Have I explored all the features?• What have I done so far on LinkedIn that I am proud of?• One famous person that I have linked with?• Am I in touch with recruiters and companies that are already on LinkedIn?
• Is my Facebook Profile well protected, secured and private?• Why do I use Facebook for?• How much time do I spend on Facebook per day on an average?• Have I searched for recruiters and companies on Facebook?• Let’s get going!!• Links from company websites• Am I aware of all that I can do using Facebook (Pages)?
• Am I twitteractive?• If not, why?• Who is tweeting?• What can I do using Twitter?
• They are out there on YouTube• How much of it should you be using?• How important is YouTube to you? (Subjectivity)
• Why should I read blog posts?• Why should I Blog?• What are recruitment companies doing on Blogs?• Is it really for me?• How can I get the best out of Blogging?
Get yourself out there. Don’t miss out on the opportunities. If you don’t someone else will grab the opportunity that could have been yours. Make your positive presence felt. Do not hesitate to network. Be persistent. Be a part of the revolution and feel powerful.
Avoid negative remarksBe affirmative but not abusiveAvoid posting on social media under the influence of alcoholDon’t mix up your “Beer Personality” and “Wine Personality”Don’t let your persistent efforts go in vain.