Submitted To - Prof. Supratik Ghatak
Submitted By - Pooja Palekar (D 36)
• To find which ISO standards are followed by S.
• To identify how they have incorporated the
standard in their line of business
• To identify the changes made by them in the
process of moulding the standard according to
About the company
• S. Power systems deals in power electronics
• The Power Master Series of On-Line UPS Systems is its
main product which offers clean power and total protection to
the clients costly equipments.
• They have state-of-the-art Double Conversion type UPS systems
which employ High Frequency PWM Technique using MOSFET /
IGBT as the Main Switching Device for Inverters are technically
superior UPS systems giving Pure Sine Wave Output.
• Compact and well engineered, the systems have been tried and
tested in virtually all applications, and have given extremely
reliable and consistent results w.r.t. optimum performance.
• The Power Master range of UPS systems is brought to you by S.
Power Systems Promoted by technocrats having wide
experience in the field, S. today is an established company with a
country-wide sales and service network and a product range that
commands an enviable record of high MTBF and low MTTR.
• The ISO 9000 standards are use in quality
management systems and are designed with a
view to helping organizations.
• The standard ensures that the needs of the
customers and stakeholders are taken care of
• All the while meeting the regulatory and
statutory requirements w.r.t the product
ISO 9001 in S. Power system
• S. Power system has a certification from
ISO as well as JAS-ANZ(Joint
Accreditation System of Australia and
• The ISO certification is to be updated
every three year and the current
certification they hold is ISO 9001/2008
• They await for it to be updated to ISO
Clauses of ISO 9001
• Documentation Requirements
• Management Responsibility
• Resource Management
• Product realization
• Measurement, Analysis and improvement
• Processes needed for product realization have been developed.
These are described in the Quality manual & also in the process
plans. In case of a change in a product or its specification from the
existing, if required the process would be re-planned & developed
• It is ensured that the planning of product realization is consistent
with the requirements of other processes of QMS.
• In planning product realization, the following are determined:
a) Departmental quality objectives are determined. Requirements
for the product are determined
• b) Processes involved, documents needed & resources
specific to the product are established & provided
• c) Required verification, validation & monitoring
methods, measurement & inspection & test activities
specific to the product & criteria for product acceptance
are determined & are described in the process plans,
procedures & WI.
• d) Records needed to provide evidence that the
realization processes & the resulting product meet the
requirements are maintained through job cards. The
output of planning is in the form of process flowcharts,
Process plans, WI, BOM, designing documents etc.