SiliconValley Innovation Ecosystem: 8 keys
1. Many Silicon Valley companies have built-in exit strategy: e.g. to be
acquired by other companies.The founders can then move on to
build the next advance.
2. Successful entrepreneurs often become angel investors that help
nurture the next generation of startup founders.
3. Elite schools such as Stanford and Berkeley feature top research
programs that collaborate successfully with industry, and also train
elite talent that constantly bring new blood to the startup scene.
4. A strong garage culture means anyone can be building the next
great business or technology anywhere.
5. Silicon Valley’s unique environment also attracts the best and
brightest from around the world.
6. One of the big factors in attracting talent is its incredibly hospitable
climate, Spring-like for 8-10 months of the year.
7. Another factor is the infrastructure, which greatly facilitates both a
high living standard and the ease of doing business.
8. Finally, Silicon Valley’s community and culture is incredibly
accepting – even encouraging – towards failure.Where other places
look down upon failed businesses, Silicon Valley folks would pat
you on the back and say:“Keep trying!”