Facilities & Activities Offered.
FacilitiesFacilities Activities offeredActivities offered
National sports centre Stadia for national sports, e.g. Stade de
France, Wembley, Lansdown Road.
Community Hall or Community
Badminton. Keep Fit. Yoga. Football.
Basketball. Salle de fete. Petanque.
As above plus, Tennis courts,
sports hall, swimming pool
As above plus: tennis; netball; gym;
Professional stadia Football; rugby; basketball; hockey; ice
hockey; horse racing; dog racing
Open areas Parks and gardens for recreation.
Children's play areas.
Using your copy of the settlement
• Annotate onto it where you would find the
facilities set out in the table and activities
• Complete a short piece of writing to
explain the relationship between urban
settlement size and the recreational and
sports facilities provision (300 words)
• Include details on the frequency, size,
range and catchment area.
Over to you …
Examine the distribution and location of recreational
and sports facilities in the transect area from Toulouse CBD to
Pibrac (rural urban fringe).
• Create an annotated map (10) with details of
facilities and locations spatially represented.
• Then completed a piece of commentary (10) for
the map that covers the following points:
1. Relate any patterns that you reveal to:
2. The patterns of accessibility
3. Land values €€
4. Physical characteristics
5. Socio economic conditions