connect • engage • measure
Anthony Risicato, CEO
• A SaaS platform for agencies and marketers to launch and
manage large scale Mobile Messaging (SMS) programs.
* Text Messaging * Voice Calls * The Web
• Founded: 2007 / Venture backed: 2008
• 85+ customers
• Direct Sales, Agency and Reseller channels
• API’s for CRM data integration and portability
• Seasoned executive team from Media,
Publishing, Tech and Marketing industries
• Anthony Risicato - CEO
– 15 year interactive industry veteran. Formerly of
Doubleclick, Innovation Interactive and Covario.
Focused on building high performance teams and
• Jed Alpert – Founder
– Innovator in the mobile space. Longtime participation
in political advocacy and non-profit sectors. Launched
MC based on his work in Entertainment and Media.
• Benjamin Stein – CTO
– Technology evangelist from Bloomberg and ShadowTV.
Developed high-availability, large-scale applications.
Recognized leader in Ruby programming community.
Public Interest Arts & Culture Consumer Brands Labor Unions Health & Human Services
Why Mobile Messaging?
• Impact of traditional
Print/TV/eMail/DM/DR channels is
• All consumers are mobile.
(270M users, 4B messages daily)
• Today’s marketers must bridge
• Dollars always flow to results.
Martha Stewart uses Mobile Commons…
Let’s make it perfect
to 69866 for a
Print Text WEDDING to 69866
… to create integrated programs with SMS
• Brand engagement opportunity
• Drive opt-ins via Print or Digital
• Collect email addresses for marketing
• Upsell opportunities for advertisers
... and measure the ROI
• Built-in wizards make
campaign setup easy
• Comprehensive reporting
for campaign insights
The Mobile Commons Platform
mCommons™ Flagship product. Integrate mobile text
Reach Your Customers messaging into your campaign strategy,
CRM tools, and your website. Simple.
mConnect™ Innovative voice application that ties in
Engage Your Audience easily with your email, web and mobile
Automatically search databases maintained
Information on the Go
by your company anywhere
mCast™ Go big! Take incoming messages and
Interactive Events project them onto large outdoor screens, at
live events, or into web widgets
Messaging is Revenue Leader
• Mobile marketing growing rapidly (CAGR 37%) from 2008-2012
• Mobile Messaging has been and will continue to be the
revenue leader in the broader mobile market through 2012
• Mobile Messaging is the most pervasive, widely-adopted and
greatest response generator in mobile marketing
US Mobile Advertising
(millions) 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
Messaging $192 $229 $285 $340 $388
Display $70 $104 $166 $257 $376
Search $58 $83 $142 $232 $376
Total $320 $416 $593 $830 $1,140
12 Source: eMarketer, September 2009
Direct Sales team driving deals with large consumer
brands and their agencies
Reseller relationships with integration partners
Agency Licenses for agency operating companies
Why Mobile Commons?
• Mobile Commons is in-market, generating
revenue and executing above plan.
• Mobile messaging is a Force Multiplier for
traditional marketing efforts.
• We have a potent combination of Direct Sales
and Agency/Reseller partners.
• The Mobile Commons team has a history of
execution in the media and marketing space
“In the mind of the US consumer, mobile is
not an emerging channel. It’s a fact of life.
You carry your phone. People sleep with their
phone. Some people have two or three
phones and that is your digital life link
throughout the day.
For the consumer, mobile is not optional.”
– Patrick J. Moorhead, Razorfish
August 12, 2009
Anthony Risicato, CEO
Text MCOM to 30644