Chester Development Update: Paul Daniels and Tim Kenney, CH1 Chester BID Company
I support the Business Improvement
District initiative because I believe it
will improve economic performance of
our local marketplace and help local
businesses maximise their potential.
CH1 Chester BID Board Chairman
A BID IS A BUSINESS-LED
AND BUSINESS-FUNDED COMPANY,
FORMED TO IMPROVE THE
ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE OF
A DEFINED COMMERCIAL AREA.
• Improve our economic performance
• Response to business opinion
• Collaboration of intellect, knowledge and
• Business model that delivers sustainable
WHY A BID?
• Reverse the current decline from it’s current
position of 59th
• BID ballot
• BID levy
• BID levy set at one of the lowest in the UK
• Nil charge for businesses RV < 18,000
• BID levy will generate > £2.5m over 5 years
• BID levy does not replace CWaC statutory services
• Investment decisions are made by businesses in
HOW DOES A BID WORK?
• Single Independent Private Sector Company
• Delivering dedicated marketing campaigns
• Adding new and quality events to our calendar
• Making our city centre cleaner and safer
• Delivering a greener and more attractive city centre
• Delivering real cost savings for businesses
• Increasing footfall, average spend and profitability
WHAT WILL A BID DELIVER FOR US?