3. Introducing our Panel…
● Ronald Scott Smith, VP of Data Warehousing, Conversant
● Ailun Quin, VP of Global Operations, Morgan Stanley Technology
● Eran Shaked, Product Owner, Verint
● Dmitry Pavlov, Chief Product Officer, Arenadata
8. • 51 Clusters; 1077 Nodes; Thousands of Cores (based on contract); Hundreds of Users
– 25 Production Instances
– 12 QA Instances
– 14 Test Instances
– A Typical Production Instances are compromised of a 22 or 40 host node setup.
756 GB of MemoryPer Segment Hosts
Between 600 to 1200 TB Per Plant
400 to 1800 CPU Cores Per Plant
10 Gig Network Interconnect
A prod Pairing that have equal data content and hardware metrics. App teams use dual ETA to keep DB’s in sync.
– Current Software Versions are on GP 5.X and GP 4.3.30.X.
– Hardware models are Dell/Lenovo and VMware for new Dev/QA systems
– GP Physical systems use local disk & Raid 5 config
Greenplum Plant at Morgan Stanley