Watch the full video here: https://vimeo.com/166815139
DrupalCon New Orleans - May 10, 2016
Steven Merrill, Phase2 Director of DevOps, with Brian Aznar of MLS
Representing the sport’s highest level of professional soccer in the US and Canada, the Major League Soccer’s Digital division maintains a platform comprised of multiple sites and applications responsible for delivering information, news, videos, and stats to eager MLS fans.
In today’s digital landscape, a sports fan’s digital experience is paramount to successful promotion and brand loyalty. In this case study session, you will learn how MLS and Phase2 migrated 25 club sites onto a high performance Drupal platform while maintaining their existing legacy sites to deliver the best experience for site visitors. In addition, we will discuss the performance strategy developed to ensure that the millions of MLS soccer fans can seamlessly access their favorite team's news and stats without interruption.
In this session you will learn :
- How MLS planned and developed a long term digital strategy with Phase2 for sustainable and high performance management of their digital platform
- Techniques to implement sophisticated customization options into multiple sites while managing them on the same platform code base
- Best practices to execute autoscaling to save money and automatically handle traffic spikes
- How to apply technical and governance changes to make on-demand shifts less burdensome to prevent developer burnout
- The steps you need to take to implement microservices alongside a Drupal platform