Common Online Terminologies
Jason Alfred A. Silo
University of Santo Tomas
Bachelor in Secondary Education
• In terms of my experiences, the first thing that comes in my mind in
relations to the e-mail is yahoo or probably in everyone’s cases is
Facebook. It is because of the e-mail that common people like us
are able to interact in this so called social websites such as
Facebook, twitter or even with Friendster. Also, almost everything
in the website requires our email address. Besides Facebook, other
websites entirely require our email address. So it is utilize not only
in the famous sites but probably everything else entirely.
• In terms of definition, an E-mail also known as the Electronic mail is
a type of method utilized in receiving, relaying and storing a vast
array of messages that the sender wishes to forward to the
recipient. It is also required in certain websites, this probably for
the security of the user.
• Online Chatting is a diverse form of
communication through the Internet that
allows two or more persons to communicate
to one another in terms of exchanging ideas
or for casual conversations. It can be in a form
of written chat or in some cases video chats
that allows full time interactions
- Also referred as a web blog, blogs are sites that allow users to
employ discussions on certain subjects or topics and also
serve as an information site. The diversity of the blog is that
not only does it serves as an information website but it also
allows the blogger to communicate to his readers and other
bloggers as well. Comments are allowed to some certain blogs
but some blogs does not allow comments from the reader.
• An URL or Uniform Resource Locator is a type
of character string that serves as a certain
reference or to simply put it as the location of
a certain resource or website that is usually
located on the address bar.
• Social bookmarking is a kind of concentrated
service that allows users to edit, format and
share different types of bookmarks on web
• Tagging is a common term associated with
• A podcast or also known as a net cast is a type
of digital media that constitutes a collection of
videos, audio and other kinds of files that can
be relayed and downloaded through a website
or streamed online.
• Streaming is a type of multimedia usually
associated with videos that is constantly
received and relayed by the user while being
delivered to the provider.
• Also known as Voice- Over Internet Protocol is
a method used to relay voice communications
through the Internet.
• A type of web application that allows users to
format, erase or add information content in
usual collaboration with other people.
• A type of online community that collaborates
with a lot of people that share a common
interest or purpose.
• Also known as the World Wide Web is a
complex system that constitutes a vast array
of hypertext documents that can be accesed
in the Internet.
• Also known as the Hypertext Mark-up
language that allows users to create their very
own webpages that can be accessed and
viewed in the Internet.
• A type of data format that provides users with
content that is constantly updated.
• I based my presentation on the data I
collected on Wikipedia. For other
questions, please inquire at my e-mail.