WELCOME TO HUNGARY
H U N G A R Y
Slovakia
Austria
Ukraine
Romania
Serbia
Croatia
Slovenia
Pusztamérges Csongrád County
• A kun girl and the crown:Kuns lived
here and László IV. chose his lovers
from them.
• The cup and the bunch of grapes: t...
• László IV. (1272 – 1290)
stayed here with his wives,
that’s why the original name
was „Asszonyszállása”, which
means „ac...
The History of Pusztamérges
• In 1572 Serbian people
settled down here because
the area became uninhabited
after the Turki...
The History of Pusztamérges
• In the 19th century the
area was owned by the
Mérges family, they
gave their name to the
vil...
The History of Pusztamérges
• Béla Ormódy started
planting vines in 1903.
• It became an
independent village in
1908 and f...
The Secondary School of Pusztamérges
• Our secondary school opened in
1996
Thanks to
• the inhabitants of Pusztamérges
• Northern-Rhine-Westphaly of
Germany
• ...
We have 2 orientations:
tourism
And IT
Opening presentation Hungary
Opening presentation Hungary
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Opening presentation Hungary

528 views

Published on

Published in: Travel
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
528
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
104
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Opening presentation Hungary

  1. 1. WELCOME TO HUNGARY
  2. 2. H U N G A R Y Slovakia Austria Ukraine Romania Serbia Croatia Slovenia Pusztamérges Csongrád County
  3. 3. • A kun girl and the crown:Kuns lived here and László IV. chose his lovers from them. • The cup and the bunch of grapes: they refer to viticulture and to the legend that László IV. was posioned. That is why the village is called ”Mérges” meaning poisonous. However, that is only a legend. • In reality, the king was killed in Körösszeg with a sword, and ”mérges” comes from a surname. • a turul-bird on threehills: it shows that the area belongs to Hungary and commemorates the soldiers died in the world wars • The silver fesse: it represents the River Tisza because the area was owned by Szeged • The black cross: it represents the Teutonic Knights who had domains here. • Blossoms: they refer to agriculture, we grow apples and peaches. The blazon of Pusztamérges
  4. 4. • László IV. (1272 – 1290) stayed here with his wives, that’s why the original name was „Asszonyszállása”, which means „accommodation for wives”. • Matthias Corvin (1452 – 1490) provided the right for grazing between 1462 and 1469. The History of Pusztamérges
  5. 5. The History of Pusztamérges • In 1572 Serbian people settled down here because the area became uninhabited after the Turkish conquest • In 1641-42 it belonged to Szeged • In September in 1721 there were witchcraft trials in Szeged. One of the women was from Pusztamérges.
  6. 6. The History of Pusztamérges • In the 19th century the area was owned by the Mérges family, they gave their name to the village. • One of the famous highwaymen, Rózsa Sándor, appeared here.
  7. 7. The History of Pusztamérges • Béla Ormódy started planting vines in 1903. • It became an independent village in 1908 and founded a school. • In 1921 the village had its first own bank. • The construction of the church was finished in 1939.
  8. 8. The Secondary School of Pusztamérges
  9. 9. • Our secondary school opened in 1996 Thanks to • the inhabitants of Pusztamérges • Northern-Rhine-Westphaly of Germany • the local government of Csongrád County
  10. 10. We have 2 orientations: tourism
  11. 11. And IT

×