• We employ: Teaching Centre Managers, Middle Managers, Senior
Teachers - and teachers, on various contracts.
• Over 2,300 teachers employed at present
• We offer two year contracts for teaching staff who want to be
mobile, and therefore have some extra benefits.
• We offer full time and part-time „locally engaged‟ contracts to other
teachers who are already living in a country, as well as hourly paid
• There are also teachers who just want short term contracts
Where can I teach with you?
British Council Teacher Career Paths
• Senior Teacher
• Assistant Teaching Centre Manager
• Teaching Centre Manager
• Country Director
• Also other paths – projects, advisory and many more
Mobile “Network” Contracts: What’s on Offer?
A good package that includes:
• Competitive salary
• Flights and baggage allowance
• Settling in Allowance
• Medical insurance
• Matching pension contributions
• Accommodation allowance in some countries
•For most teacher posts , a CELTA or Trinity Certificate in ESOL plus
1600+ hours relevant teaching experience. A Young Learners
teaching certificate may be required for YL co-ordinator posts.
• For Senior Teacher and Middle Manager posts, a DELTA or a
Trinity Diploma in ESOL plus about 4 years relevant teaching
experience and expertise in a required area.
• Areas of Expertise – Young Learners – ICT – Business English –
Teacher Training – Examiner Status
Visa and other requirements
For some of our roles there may be:
• Passport restrictions
• Age restrictions
• Medical requirements
• Issues around sponsoring children/partners
• Check the “local restrictions on employment” section of our vacancy
documents on our jobs website for more details
• All offers of employment are conditional on visa and medical
clearance; CRB clearance; satisfactory references; sight of original
professional and academic qualifications.
Some of the courses we offer our students
• General English
• Courses for Young Learners and Young Adults
• Business Courses – Corporate Clients
• English for Specific Purposes
• Exams English
• Soft Skills
• Teacher Training – Project Work
• Summer Schools
• Up to 80% of the costs towards a distance learning DELTA
• Young learner qualifications
• Professional Development Awards (up to 50% of costs towards a
relevant Masters or MBA
• In service teacher training (INSETT) sessions
• Teacher training opportunities
How do I find out more?
• All current vacancies are on our jobs website:
• See our “Careers in English and Exams” website
• Register for a vacancy alert to receive an email the next time we
post a job that matches your criteria
• Join our group on LinkedIn to receive updates on jobs, events and
to chat to us and fellow teachers.
How do I apply?
• You need to apply for specific jobs, advertised on our website:
• You can apply for as many jobs as you like
• Complete the online application form
• Interviews – face-to-face/telephone/Skype