The unfolding, status-quo, and
future of Coworking in Germany
Friday, 19th November 2010
Sebastian Sooth (Studio 70), Alexander Lang (co.up), Christoph Fahle (betahaus),
Robert Pfadt (ClubOffice), Peter Schreck (Coworking Cologne)
Sebastian Sooth | Studio 70
• since June 2009
• 220 sqm + workshop
• connected to many other spaces
• home of hallenprojekt.de
co.up coworking space, cobot software
Robert Pfadt | ClubOffice
• Since 2008
• Berlin, Frankfurt, Chemnitz
• In total ca. 4500 sqm & 350 desks
Coworking Community Germany
German Coworking Week
A definition of coworking could be…
…that coworking …is undefineable.
• „Coworking is a style of work which involves a shared
working environment, sometimes an office, yet
independent activity.“ [Wikipedia]
• „Coworking is not only about the physical space but
initially and mostly about establishing the Coworking
community first.“ [Wikipedia]
What is coworking?
• Business acceleration centers?
• Business incubators?
• Hip event locations?
Where the coworking journey
can take us to…