HuMINE Resources™ supports the mining industry with the tools, !
processes and people that safely deliver quantifiable reductions in !
the “cost of mining-per-tonne”, by measurably improving the production !
competence of the Mining industries greatest un-exploited asset!
……..its human resources.!
Presentation May 2010
U-Assess™, U-Analyse™, U-Maintenance, Virtual Contract Mining™ and accompanied logos are trademarks of HuMine Resources. All rights reserved 1992-2010
The HuMINE Brownfield solution!
HuMINE Resources Offers:!
• Increases competence
• Improves HSE
• Optimises productivity
• Decreases cost/ton
All results are fully measurable and predictable.!
People, Tools and Processes!
Matching production metrics (including
maintenance variables) with captured
information concerning each employees
competence, Psychomotor conditions,
Social science, Mental attitudes,
Attention and Stress impacts
as well as Environmental impact
on work performance.
The HuMINE Global Index of Competence:!
• Applicable benchmarks :
– Through out all phases of open pit operation
– Select phases of underground mining and ore processing
– Procedural data, resources (ore), cultural-, environment-, equipment aspects and models
• Data of individuals, crews, shifts as well as entire workforce point of view.
• Accumulated data collected from:
– +25 years operational experience,
– +100 mines , quarries, construction & civil projects around the world.
The HuMINE global index of competence shows a global average of only 40%.
This means by focusing on the HUMAN side of mining, gains can be achieved
quickly through an improved way of working with people, managing production
processes and maintaining the integrity of competence created, rather than
purchasing large quantities of equipment and “blindly” hiring more people.
The HuMINE Brownfield Solution!
1. COMPETENCE !
2. HSE !
3. PRODUCTIVITY !
4. OPTIMISED !
HuMINE Psychomotor Analysis :!
• Scientiﬁc, effective and fool-proof tool to identify and measure the individual
• Allows for a good understanding of each individuals handling of speciﬁc tasks
related to stress, risk taking, decisions making, safety behaviour, task
consistency as well as other issues.
• HuMINE is able to accurately proﬁle each individual, so that they can be quickly
qualiﬁed for further assessment and/or placed in the best-suited role based on
their innate abilities & behaviour trends
especially geared towards the mining
and civil construction industry.
HuMINE Psychomotor mapping!
• Fast production cycles
• Decision making
• Multiple focus points
• Production stress
• Concentration and consistency"
for routine tasks
• Unexpected situations
• Production stress
• No production stress
• Low speed
• No alt. basic and reoccurring decision making
• Low level of unexpected situations
Innate Abilities Mapping! Task & Equipment Requirements!
• Production evaluation tool
– Accurate “time-in motion/real-time” production process analyses.
– Precise understand of the existing production capabilities
– Production improvements opportunities identiﬁcation
– Accurate prediction of production gains
– U-Analyse is structured to sync
with the individual employee data,
gathered through U-Assess.
Production ﬂeet maintenance evaluation, analysis & solution design.
Based on HuMINE´s standard competence and processes methodologies, this tool
ensures that action items to optimize production and mining costs are supported by an
adequate organization, processes, equipment, facilities and tools to meet the production
goals of the mine."
U-Maintenance identiﬁes opportunities for improvements in production ﬂeet maintenance
and subsequently structure development plans and correlating resource needs, in order
to optimize the performance of the ﬂeet and a minimal cost.
NOTE: U-Analyse & U-Maintenance are structured to sync with the individual employee data,
gathered through U-Assess OR each tool can be used as a standalone.
• Competence management tool
– Measurement of competence level for each employee.
– Individuals detailed
– Identiﬁcation and measurement of skill-sets combined with psycho-
motor tolerations are gathered and processed.
– Monitor competence improvement and,
– Production efﬁciency improvements .
• Identifying the “weakest
link in the chain”.
• Identifying “who” and in
“what order” individuals
are in need of
Rear Dump Truck
Individual Skill Rating
SELECTION = SAFETY, PRODUCTIVITY & SAVINGS !
The HuMINE Coaching Programs!
• Focused on optimizing production (processes, people and misc resources).
• All functions related open pit mine production.
• On the job (merger of apprenticeship/in-door & out-door) live coaching and
outcome-accountable utilization of Simulators (if available).
• Designed understand and subsequently ﬁll the individuals competence gaps.
• Coaching & training results are continuously monitored through U-Assess & U-
• Encourages the employee to take ownership of their own development,
performance as well as the over all performance of their teams
HuMINE Resources™ Perth, London, Madrid, Belo Horizonte.
+44 207 193 6695 Main
+44 207 117 4460 Global Fax
+55 31 3231-8787
+61 8 9467 6095