Examining Printed Wedding Materials: Save The Date Cards, Wedding Invitations And More
Examining Printed Wedding
Materials: Save The Date Cards,
Wedding Invitations And More
Pear Tree Greetings
• For most couples, planning a
wedding begins as soon as
they decide to get married.
• However, many brides have
been dreaming about their
big days since they were little girls.
• Combining these early dreams with tradition, modern day
options and ﬁnancial feasibility can make the planning process
a bit complicated.
• Organizing all the necessary printed material such as the
wedding invitations, save the date cards, response cards, etc.
into a single package can help simplify the
Let The Planning Begin
Begin The Process
• The planning process must begin with the guest list.
• While the happy couple is always the center of attention during
a wedding, guests must also be considered when planning the
• Considering the total attendees, needs, cultures, traditions, etc.
will ensure a memorable and enjoyable wedding for all.
• Working with an experienced online printing resource to create
save the date cards, address labels, response cards and more will
help keep the planning organized and make the big day perfect.
• Utilizing one vendor for all these supplies will ensure
consistency in theme and some personal touches that guests
will enjoy and appreciate.
What Printed Materials Are Needed
• The type of wedding celebration planned will
indicate the other necessary printed materials.
• Determining the required printed materials will add
an extra layer of convenience and
organization for the bride and groom.
• The ﬁrst item to
determine what printed
materials are required for
• Obviously, wedding
invitations top this list.
Save The Date Cards
• Save the date cards are an ideal way to give guests advance
notice on the details of the big event.
• The advance notice allows attendees time to get off from
work, make travel plans, hotel reservations or any other
• Save the date cards list the date and place of the wedding
and does not need a response card or gift registry
• Save the date cards can be printed as cards or even
refrigerator magnets and should be mailed six to twelve
months before the wedding day.
• Wedding invitations, with their many
rules of etiquette and endless options,
can easily overwhelm the happy couple.
• Fortunately, informational websites and
online tutorials, as well as wedding
publications, can answer questions on
• Rigid formalities and traditions no longer
restrict couples during the selection process.
• Brides and grooms can choose any color, style, lay out and any
personal touches that they’d like to create a unique and
special invitation for their big day.
• Leaving room for guest comments on the response cards
allows attendees to share heartfelt sentiment.
• Matching response cards add to the
coordinated look of the printed wedding
• Response cards were not traditionally
mailed with wedding invitations.
• However, gauging an accurate headcount
makes them a critical tool in successfully
managing the elements in the big day.
• Discreetly number the guest list on the
back of each response card to keep an
accurate tally of guests even when they
do not write their name on the RSVP.
• Due to the exorbitant expense of
wedding receptions, it is becoming
more acceptable invite certain
guests to the ceremony only.
• Formal, sit down dinner receptions
including everyone at the ceremony
can prove cost prohibitive for
• Reception cards should be added in front of the ceremony
invitation for guests invited to both aspects of the wedding.
• Reception cards can also provide details and directions of
venue for guests unacquainted with the
Bridal Shower And Bachelorette Invites
• Bridal shower invitations can reﬂect the same motif and
color scheme as the wedding itself.
• Bachelorette parties offer a different take on today’s
bridal showers and can range from classy to sassy.
• The bachelorette party invitation lists all the details of
the event and sets the tone for a girls
• Today’s bridal showers can
include both male and female
guests and the invitations
should reﬂect that.
• Thank you cards are a
social formality required
to show gratitude for
participated in the big
• Thank you cards should be sent to everyone who gave
a gift or anyone who helped make the day a success,
including vendors, friends, loved ones and parents.
• All thank you cards should include a personal note of
The Special Day
• A wedding day offers a bride and groom
the opportunity to create a one of a
• Customizing wedding invitations, save
the date cards and thank you notes help
reﬂect the personality of the happy
• Working with a reputable online printing
resource for all printed materials can
save a signiﬁcant amount of time, ensure
consistency of design and theme and
help make the big day a huge success.
Pear Tree Greetings provides easy to use and
affordable online services for creating unique
photo birth announcements, custom made baby
shower invitations, holiday cards, and other
photo greeting cards.