Successfully reported this slideshow.
A highly experienced Operations Director in the field of retail hospitality and leisure.
Experience of running high volume markets , QSR, food retail and fast casual dining. I
specialise in business turnaround and have a flair for brand concept development and brand
re positioning or offer evolution. A proven operator with excellent financial management
controls, strategic development skills and a very hands on approach. A people focused
individual with high energy levels, passion and enthusiasm to succeed. Fully P&L accountable
and experienced in managing large operational teams and also the following support
functions; Marketing, Human Resources, Training, Commercial and Risk
Management,equipment , quality insurance ,purchasing .
Complete Management of a large organization.
April 2014 to Date Operations Manager
Global Group Hospitality, Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Working with the group (Al Hail Company& GDG) on bringing
international food brands to Middle East area.
• More than 27 years’ experience QSR & Fast Casual restaurant ,25
years’ experience in worlds # 1 brand (McDonald’s) in France, UAE,
Qatar, Reunion Islands, Montreal Canada.
2013 – 2014 General Manager
Mc Donald’s Canada, Montreal
• Managing the company operating 4 restaurants and 10 under
development operated by Franchisee.
Age: 48 years old
Nationality: French / Lebanese
Birthday: May 6, 1967
Marital Status: Married
UAE : 00971567452574
France : 0033642676386
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Curent Location: Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Languages: Arabic, French and English
PAUL MICHAEL TURK
• Direct reports include 2 Operations Consultants, 1 HR Consultant 1
Training Consultant, IT, and Equipment, Quality Assurance, Finance
and Purchasing departments.
2012 – 2013 Managing Director
La Reunion Islands (Mc Donald’s Internationnal)
• Operating and managing 7 Stores
2008 – 2012 Assistant General Manager
Mc Donald’s Qatar
• Operating 30 Stores
• Built 21 stores and successfully launched breakfast & delivery
service, incharge direct for departement (operations, Training,
Quality, purshasing, HR, equipment , construtions).
2007 – 2008 Operations Director
Mc Donald’s, France
• Managing 19 stores
1994 to 2007 Operations Director
Mc Donalds, Emirates – UAE
• Build operations for more than 50 stores and managing more than
1200 staff incharge direct for departement (operations, Training,
Quality, purshasing, HR, equipment, construtions).
1989 to 1994 - Store Manager
Mc Donald’s, France
• High Volume Store
• Build and successfully managed more than 100 stores in the Gulf Region.
• Successfully launched various operation platforms for McDonald’s brand in the Gulf
• Successfully launched Breakfast initiative in UAE and Qatar
• Successfully launched Delivery Service in Qatar
• Implemented the new operating platform Made For You in the UAE and Qatar.
• Recruitment of staff from Asian countries over 20 years.
• Introduced new POS system in McDonald’s UAE and Qatar
• President Awards for McDonald’s Qatar 2010
• Outstanding Operations Director for the Middle East and Africa 2004
• Outstanding Operations Manager for the Middle East and Africa 2001
• Outstanding Operations Consultant for the Middle East and Africa 1997
• Achieved Key Development of the Country and Successful Restaurant Openings
• APMEA Ops- People Workshop – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• March 2010; MEA Ops-People Workshop – Egypt
• 2008; McDonald’s Worldwide Convention – Orlando, Florida
• December 2008; Country Certified MFY, 1st Certified Store
• March 2008; Global ROIP Train the Trainers Workshop
• October 2007; Cargil Oil Training
• Operation Consultant Course – McDonald’s Hamburger University
• 2004; IT Training McDonalds Corporation – Thailand
• 2002, 2003,2004, 2006; HR Training Malaysia
• 2000; Managing the Organization – Hamburger University – USA
• 1998; Advance Equipment Class – Athens, Greece
• 2010; Purchasing class –Turkey
• Distributions Class May 2008- Kuwait
1986 Bachelor of Mathematics, University de Sciences Angers
1989 – 1991 Basic Management Course (Diploma), Intermediate Operations
Course,-McDonald’s Corporation, France
1992 Bachelor of Hamburgerology (Advance Operations Course) –
McDonald’s Hamburger University – Oak Brook, Illinois, USA,
2000 Head of the organization Course University – Oak Brook, Illinois, USA,
2003 Restaurant Leadership Practices Course (Diploma) – McDonald’s
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION