HYPE—Heady Yarn for Price/Earnings
• Lots of conferences worldwide
• Who’s doing the work if everyone is attending
conferences and TALKing about it?
• Technology Always Looks Kool!
49 Companies Licensed to Test in
• Volkswagen Group
• Mercedes Benz
• Delphi Automotive
• Tesla Motors
• GM Cruise LLC
• Zoox, Inc.
• Drive.ai, Inc.
• Faraday & Future Inc.
• Valeo North America, Inc.
• NIO USA, Inc.
• Telenav, Inc.
• NVIDIA Corporation
• AutoX Technologies Inc.
• Udacity, Inc.
• Navy INc.
• UATC LLC (Uber)
• PlusAi INc.
• Nuro, Inc.
• CarOne LLC
• Apple Inc.
• Bauer’s Intelligent
• Jingchi Corp
• SAIC Innovation Center, LLC
• AImotive Inc
• Aurora Innovation
• Samsung Electronics
• Continental Automotive Systems Inc
• CYNGN, Inc.
• Changan Automobile
• Lyft, Inc.
• Phantom AI
• Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
• aiPod, Inc.
• SF Motors Inc.
• Toyota Research Institute
Range—How Far and Fast Can You Go?
• Last 50 Feet
• Last Mile
• Local Delivery
• Short Daily Range
• Medium Daily Range
• Long Daily Range
• 4 mph
• 10 mph
• 25 mph
• 40 mph
• 55 mph
• 70 mph
Pain and Benefits—More AND Less
• Higher uptime
• Reach where others can’t—Medical to rural
• Lower fuel costs
• Handle declining manpower, aging population
• Increase profits from 24/7 operation
• Improve environment
• GM Zero Future—emissions, accidents, congestion
• Reduce accidents
• Reduce congestion—less time to get places
• Reduce emissions
Costs Driven More
• 50% increase in diesel fuel cost in 2 yrs
• Oil above $65/barrel
• Drilling starting up again
What’s Important to You and Your
• Fuel Economy
• Yes, some people enjoy driving
• Profit Margins
• Total Societal Impact (TSI)
Autonomous Vehicle Sales Could Reach 188,00
Looking ahead, Tractia’s researchers found that the market will continue to develop at a strong pace over the next few years with more competiti
An executive summary of the report can be downloaded by visiting Tractia’s website.
Kia & Peugeot
Peugeot CEO: All PSA vehicles will electrified by 2025
Self-driving taxis from Daimler, Bosch
Feb. 5, 2018 2:29 AM ET|By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor
More robo-taxis? Daimler (OTCPK:DDAIF), the world's
No.1 maker of premium cars, and Bosch (OTC:BSWQY),
the world's No.1 automotive supplier, will begin testing
the vehicles "in the coming months."
"Apart from highly autonomous level 3 vehicles we will
also bring fully autonomous vehicles - level 4/5 - to the
streets in the foreseeable future," Daimler's Wilko Stark
What Will Power the Autonomous Vehicle?
• Natural Gas
• Fuel Cell
Mistakes ARE Inevitable
Robots (Autonomous Vehicles) Will Make Fatal
AutoMyles – Paul Myles
There’s a potentially heavy ethical price to pay towards a safer future, Continental’s Dr. Elmar Degenhart to
People killed by autonomous vehicles are an inevitable price to pay for a Vision Zero future.
That’s the admission made by Dr. Elmar Degenhart, chief executive officer and executive board member of
When asked to reflect on comments made to us by Lockheed Martin’s Michael DeKort in the article Guinea
He said: “No technology is perfect. We might see cars that are driving at Level 4, Level 5 which will not be a
• How does it go through a weigh station?
• Who is responsible for Pre/Post Trip?
• How do I get pizza to my door?
• How does a Starbucks’ drive thru work?
• How do you validate self-learning software?
• If someone in vehicle, what is the human
• What will it cost to repair after a crash?
• If I’m running to catch a bus, will it wait for me?
My Conclusions for Fleets
• Not everyone can survive
• All struggling to figure measurable benefit
• Always takes longer than people think
• It will happen
• You can’t live without cell telephone today
• When it was Analog/2G it was a hard sell