The cyber security job is everyone's business including the Board of Directors, even without a cyber security degree. Recent cyber security news proves that. According to several studies, Boards are getting it wrong and are leaving cyber awareness and risk management in the hands of the CEO, CISO, CTOs and cyber security companies. In a sense they are abdicating their responsibility to the shareholders. This slideshare proposes 7 questions every board should be asking their company executives abour IT security. They're not necessarily all encompassing and don't take the place of real cybersecurity training, but will drive the discussion to better and more complete understanding of strategic risk. Questions cover the basics of cyber security training, cyber policies, who briefs and when at board meetings. Thanks.
Cyber security questions for boards7
1. How are key business processes affected by different types of cyber attacks?
2. Is our physical security congruent with our cyber security?
3. who are our third party vendors?
4. who is responsible for cyber security training?
5. have officers and directors received cyber security training?
6. How do we vet our administrators?
7. Who does the ciso report to?