Audio and self help books, took notes and these are the things Ive learned, frog imagery to help you remember.
Successful people are decisive.Make decisions readily. Think on your feet. Trust yourself.Like all these other skills, Decisiveness is developed through practice and repetition.
“Doing” is the mother of decision makingEat that frog
Develop a sense of urgency, not to be confused with panic. Do it now x 3.Imagine you’re a coach of a football team, an American football team, and you have to decide who to make your key player, you going to pick the guy who when the opposition fumbles the ball, grabs it and runs to the end zone leaving others chasing after him. This is the type of person that is given projects, asked to lead and be trusted with delivering tasks.
Essential for high performance and success.Finbar is now making lists and fist pumping as he is crossing off work done well and on time.If time management is an issue, make a list.
What is the most valuable use of my time right now? X 3We all work the same hours but how do some achieve more than others within that time?Focus on what's important and do them right away.It takes Discipline, concentration and perseverance.
If a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out. If it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. Metaphor is the inability of people to react to significant changes that occur gradually.Step back and look at the work you do, how much of it ‘snuck’ up on you? Is stress a bigger part of your job that you thought… are you a frog in a pot? If so get out of the pot and make changes before you die/burnout.How did I do this? I started saying ‘no’. I might be your go too guy but there are other people on the team who are willing and able. Make a list of A, B, C tasks, scrap all ‘C’ activity. Don’t efficiently do what is not necessary.
Hop in the right direction by patrick hayes 2013
Hop in the right direction:Success tips with frogsBy Patrick Hayes
What will be covered Today? Skills Review Open discussionPatrickHayes20132
1. Decision making Every positive change begins with aclear decision. Make a decision and get started.PatrickHayes20133
2. Doing Doing is the ‘mother’ of decision-making Eat that frog – Do it now.PatrickHayes20134
3. Need for speed Do every job quickly and well. Work in real time and don’t delay.PatrickHayes20135
4. Planning 6P’s:Prior proper planning prevents poorperformance. Plan activities in advance and make listsPatrickHayes20136
5. Work ‘better’ hours There is never enough time to doeverything, but always time to do the mostimportant things. Focus on results.PatrickHayes20137
6. Frog in a pot Be aware of your environment React to changes that occur gradually Don’t efficiently do what is not necessary.PatrickHayes20138
7. Be the best You can be, have or do anything you wantbut…1. You have to decide what you want.2. You have to resolve to pay the price. (In full and inadvance)PatrickHayes20139
Review1.Decision Making – Make one.2.Doing– Do it now.3.Need for speed – Urgency.4.Planning – 6 P’s.5.Work ‘better’ hours – Results.6.Frog in the pot – Reality check.7.Be the best.PatrickHayes201310
Open DiscussionWhat key skills or habitsmake you a success?Are there any points thatstruck a chord?PatrickHayes201311