Contact CongressUsing POPVOX’s widgets A step-by-step guide andanswers to frequently asked questions
1. Getting Started.If you’re a ﬁrst time user,enter your email address,name and zip code.(If you’ve contactedCongress using POPVOXbefore, then simply enteryour email address, and yourinformation shouldautomatically load up.)
Next, POPVOX will ask foryour home address—whichwill only be shared withyour Members of Congress.It’s required so that yourmessage gets delivered tothe appropriateCongressional ofﬁce.
2. Write a personal message to Congress. Congress pays special attention to constituents when they write personal comments. This message will be delivered to your Members of Congress and posted on POPVOX.com with your screen name so that others can learn from your comments.Don’t worry – it’s optional. You can still weigh in on a billwithout leaving a personal comment!
3. Preview yourmessage.This step allows you toreview your messagebefore you hit “send”...or edit your comment.
4. Share your message toget others to weigh in.After hitting “send,” you canshare your message toCongress with your friendsand networks using Facebookor Twitter, or email. This is agreat way to encourageothers to take action.From here, you can alsoweigh in on other bills thatyour organization supportsor opposes.
5. Check your email inbox. This is a critical step.You will receive a “Finish your Letter to Congress” emailfrom POPVOX.Click on the link provided to verify that you are a realperson and not a “spam-bot.” (Don’t worry. This is a one-time veriﬁcation. You won’t have to do this again.)
6. You will be giventhe option to createyour own screenname... or you canstick with the screenname automaticallygenerated byPOPVOX.TIP: It’s a good ideato remember yourPOPVOX passwordso you can return to your User Dashboard(www.popvox.com/home) to check the status of yourmessage.
7. You’re all done!Thanks for taking the time to weigh in!
Why do I need to create an account with POPVOX?POPVOX creates an account for you soyou can track when your message wasdelivered to Congress atwww.popvox.com/home/history.With an account, you can also weigh in onother bills without having to go throughthe veriﬁcation process each time.POPVOX automatically generates a screenname and password for you. However, youcan change your screen name andpassword at any time atwww.popvox.com/accounts/proﬁle.
Why does POPVOX ask for so much information?We know that POPVOX asks people for a lot ofinformation.POPVOX asks for your home address in order todeliver your message to the correct Members ofCongress.POPVOX also veriﬁes your address with the US PostalService so that Congress is assured that you are aconstituent – and a real person, not a “spammer.”
How does POPVOX help amplify our voice to Congress?When you weigh in using POPVOX’s tools, POPVOXaggregates your position on a bill with hundreds, eventhousands, of others so that Congress and others cansee support (or opposition) in real time.
How do I know my message is delivered to Congress?1. Members of Congress and their staff view the reportson POPVOX.com of support (or opposition) of bills, whichis updated in real time.2. POPVOX also delivers your message to your Memberof Congress – and provides message delivery conﬁrmation– so you know exactly when your message was deliveredto Congress. (Visit your User Dashboard or go towww.popvox.com/home/history)Bottom line: If you dont hear back from Congress, youknow it wasnt an issue with POPVOX or yourorganization’s campaign.
About POPVOXPOPVOX.com is a neutral, nonpartisan platform withtools for organizations and individuals to voice theirsupport (or opposition) for bills pending beforeCongress in a way that’s veriﬁed, quantiﬁed andtransparent. This accountability ensures thatmessages are delivered to Congress—in the formatCongress needs it.To learn more, visit www.popvox.com/about