• Click or swipe from
the top/bottom right
• Look the same but
not the same
• Settings reflect the
programme you are
• Tiles – see some or see all – live
• Sizing – small to big....and back
• Groups – create your own
• Find a space and make a group
• Microsoft – connects you to the
• Multiple – allows each to set own
• Logging in – switching user
• Logging Out/sleeping/turning off
Moves – Mouse/swipe/pinch
• Click/swipe top left or bottom right
to show charms
• Swipe up to close
• Click and drag
• See last screen
•Swipe from right edge, tap Start.
•Open Start screen or previous app
•Swipe from left edge.
•Switch to the next open app.
•Swipe from top edge all the way to the bottom.
•Close active app.
•Swipe from bottom edge or top edge.
•Reveal app commands.
•Swipe from left edge, drag app to the right.*
•Snap app right.
•Swipe from left edge, drag app to the left.*
•Snap app left.
•Swipe from right edge.
•Swipe from right edge, tap Search, then Files.
•Open Search charm on files.
•In an app, swipe from right edge, tap Search.
•Open Search charm on active app.
•Swipe from right edge, tap Search.
•Swipe from right edge, tap
•Open Share charm
• Downloading – MS account needed?
• Finding and Using
• Difference – laptop/tablet
• Updating – auto or manual
• Last used – side or top left
• Built in –
• Using 2 at once
• Sleep or Power off
• Microsft Official Training Brochure
• Windows 8 Training Video
• Windows 8 Tips & Tricks
• Windows 8 User Video- non touch