EWB - Technology Infrastructure Planning & Architecture Officer
• Manages infrastructure upgrade projects;
• Maintains application landscape;
• Creates infrastructure diagram;
• Manages ITG Wiki – a document management system.
• Training – Essentials of Project Mgt (PMBOK), Workload Mgt
• Graphic Design – corporate identity, marketing collaterals and technical illustration;
• Event Photography;
• Instructor of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Digital Photography;
• Plaster Carving
• Corebanking DR Migration to Firewall;
• Corebanking Component and Performance Test;
• Enterprise Content Mgt System Infrastructure Upgrade;
• ITG Wiki
• ITG Library
• Cheque Truncation System Infrastructure Upgrade;
• Enterprise Data Staging Infrastructure Upgrade;
• ATM System Infrastructure Upgrade.
• IT Strategic Plan;
• Technical Architecture;
• Mgt of Information System;
• Capacity Mgt.
PROJECT MGT TASKS
• Works with department head on designing the target
• Creating project proposal for President & CEO approval.
This includes justification of initiative, capacity review,
business forecasting, problems encountered on the current
architecture, alignment with corporate strategy, benefits,
recommendation, investment window and proposed
• Once approved and solutions are delivered, starts the
• Create high-level plans for presentation to business units and
IT (server, network, desktop, service mgt, system analyst,
security and risk mgt).
• Discussion includes
• Project initiative;
• Benefits such as high availability, better performance and
capacity, risk mitigation and audit resolution.
• Current and Target Technical Architecture;
• Change Impact Analysis;
• Resource Allocation;
• All activities are recorded in Work Breakdown Structure
• Server Admin installs production and DR environments;
• System Analyst conducts System Integration Test;
• System Analysts creates test scripts;
• Back up and data restoration;
• Business units conducts UAT;
• Creates knowledgebase based on incidents encountered during
• Results are monitored;
• UAT Sign-off.
MIGRATION & GO LIVE
• Migration is the most crucial and high risked activity;
• Usually executed during midnights of weekend;
• Strictly monitored;
• Incidents may arise and resolution must be fast;
• Updates are sent to management every hour or after
resolution of critical incidents;
• Advisory of Go Live;
• Continuous monitoring of production incidents.
• Conducted to management to discuss the success and
pitfalls of the project.
• It discusses the roles and responsibilities, achieved WBS
overview, incidents, knowledgebase and post-
implementation activities such as DR installation, data
archiving and server reuse or decommissioning.
• Silo projects – other resources are not considered. Application-related
projects may not consider the infrastructure or vice-versa. Change
impact analysis may not be considered also;
• Large-scale projects may hit small projects leaving the latter
• Cannibalization of resources from infrastructure to manpower
especially during the last quarter wherein there are lots of
• Lack of documentation and coordination;
• Prolonged UAT because business units are pre-occupied with the
KEY TO SUCCESS
• Visual planning;
• High-risk appetite;
• Strong decision-making;
• Good interpersonal relationship;
• Monitoring of WBS especially during migration;
• Open declaration of incidents;
• Snacks during meetings.