Insert a new client logo – Fairway? Caulmert? IoD?
Outwrite PR Social Media training
How social media can boost a
business’ reputation – and sales
Thursday 6 October, 2016
Who we are
• 21 years providing high quality content
• Digital as standard
• Bespoke strategies
• Coaching and training
• Experts in crisis management
• A 24/7 team
• Best social media content to use
• Social media analysis and evaluation
• What is a social media strategy?
• Review individual platforms
45% of B2B marketers
have gained a customer
B2B marketers who use Twitter generate, on
average, twice as many leads as those who don’t.
72% of all internet
users are now active
on social media.
• Link to your overall business goals
• How much can you commit?
• Who will own it?
• How can social media help you?
83% of B2B marketers invest in social media to
increase brand exposure; 69% to increase web
traffic; and 65% to gain market insights.
o Unique visits / followers
o Retweets / comments / favourites
o Follower profile / audience profile
o Positive / negative / neutral / change
o Inbound links / external coverage
• Who are your audiences?
• When do they want it?
• How do they want it?
• What content interests them?
“Interesting content” is one of the top three reasons
people follow brands on social media.
• Tips and advice
• Company and industry news
• Customer service
• Offers and promotions
Posts with videos attract three times as
many inbound links as plain text posts.
• Social media’s own analytics
• Third party analytics
• Google Analytics
How have you performed against your objectives?
What type of content performed best? Worst?
• 250 – 350 words
• Add value
• Include pictures and other media
Publish a post on LinkedIn to become an expert commentator
• Insert links
• Respond to comments
• Your profile gets viewed
• After networking events
• Activity eg liking and commenting
Improve your profile to enhance your reputation
• ‘People also viewed’
• ‘You may know’
• Timeline algorithm
• Character limit
• Retweet your own posts
Recent changes – take note of all changes because they affect your
Twitter activity and subsequent results
• #s aren’t just for the top 10 trends
• Use them to take part in conversations
• Use them to summarise
#Dos #And #Don’ts #When #It #Comes #To #Using #Hashtags.
Visual is huge. Don’t picture your Facebook posts without an image.
• Quality content that adds value
• Paid social media
• Audience targeting
Reach is decreasing. So is Facebook still worth it? And how can I
• Your own communication channels
• Third party publications
• Google search results
• Via the second biggest search engine
Quality of the video is almost irrelevant – content is key. But how can you
attract people to watch it?
• Use it as a monitoring tool
• Use it to schedule posts
• Use it for your analytics
Social media management tools help you be more effective and efficient