Continue the sentence in 30 sec:
The World is ...
2800 BC (Before Christ)
For the Pyramids of Giza
280 BC for the
Lighthouse of Alexandria
The Hanging Gardens
The Tomb of Mausolus /
The Mausoleum (Turkey)
The Temple of Artemis
(Diana) at Ephesus
The Colossus of
(Greek Island of Rhodes)
Match the pictures of the 7 Ancient
Wonders with their names and the texts
to find out more information about
True or False?
1. The Greeks dedicated the statue of Zeus to the King of Greek
2. The Tomb of Mausolus was located in what is now Iraq.
3. The King of Babylon built the Hanging Gardens to please one
of his wives.
4.The Colossus of Rhodes was an immense bronze statue that
honored the Greek God of the sun, Helios.
5. The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt are the oldest and the best
preserved of all Ancient Wonders.
6. The Temple of Artemis was created in 250 AD (Anno
Domini) for a Greek Goddess Diana.
1.The show of the declaration of the New 7 Wonders
of the world took place in:
2. The presenters of the show were:
a) Cristiano Ronaldo & Hilary Swank
b) Bernard Weber & Michael Jackson
c) Hilary Swank & Ben Kingsley
3. The first new wonder of the world was announced
a) Cristiano Ronaldo b) Louis Armstrong
c) Neil Armstrong
4.The first new wonder of the world announced was:
The Taj Mahal (India)
The Statue of Christ (Brazil)
The Great Wall of China
5.The representative of the New 7 Wonders Foundation is:
Bernard Weber b) Amir Dossal c) Neil Armstrong
6)The next New 7 Wonders Project is:
The New 7 Wonder of God
The New 7 Wonders of Nature
7. Which type of Conditional is the following sentence?
“If we want to save anything, we first need to truly appreciate
a) The 1st
b) The 2nd
c) The 3rd
Comment on Bernard Weber’s Quotation:
“If we want to save anything, we first need to
truly appreciate it.”
Write an essay (10 sent.) on the topic:
“ Our Heritage is Our Future”