PRACTICAL APPROACH TO
THE AGE OF THE CUSTOMERS IS NOW
Customer Experience is the Only Competitive Advantage Left
WHAT IS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
“Customer experience (CX) is the sum of all experiences
a customer has with a supplier of goods and/or services, over the
duration of their relationship with that supplier. This can include
awareness, discovery, attraction, interaction, purchase, use,
cultivation and advocacy.” (Wikipedia)
CUSTOMER ECO-SYSTEM IS BECOMING COMPLEX
• Multiple Touch points
• Multiple Conversations
• Lack of Personalization
How do we solve it?
STEP 1 – FROM CURRENT STATE TO STRATEGY
Who are your customers?
What drives brand loyalty?
What is your customer life cycle?
Who owns customer experience?
STEP 2 – MAP THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY(S)
• What is the customer doing at each stage?
• What actions are they taking to move
themselves on to the next stage?Actions
• Why is the customer motivated to keep
going to the next stage?
• What emotions are they feeling?Motivations
• What are the uncertainties, jargon, or other
issues preventing the customer from
moving to the next stage?Questions
• What structural, process, cost,
implementation, or other barriers stand in
the way of moving on to the next stage?Barriers
STEP 3 – PINPOINT ENGAGEMENT HOTSPOTS
What are the
STEP 4 – BUILD YOUR CONTEXT & PERSONALIZATION
Context = f(Who, When, Where, What)
Who is the
What is he
Personalization = f(Size, Role, Product(s), Geo)
STEP 5 – OPERATIONAL ALIGNMENT – THE KEY
• Simple &
• Make it
• Create a
• Customer Experience is a mindset before anything else
• Have a clear roadmap, but remain agile and experiment
• Organizational commitment is an important enabler, but
not a show stopper
• Invest in employee experience as much as you invest in