Orange Chef presents an exclusive web panel for leading experts ready to help their audience embrace new ideas and approaches to making simple, healthy meals. Learn more at orangechef.com or follow us on Twitter @theOrangeChefCo
Taking the decision fatigue out of healthy eating
What’s for Dinner?
CEO & Founder
Chef & Nutritionist
Head of Nutrition
Editor, SF Editor
● What are some of the biggest challenges you see in tackling healthy eating?
● Where does decision fatigue begin? At the grocery store or in the kitchen?
● What role does technology play in creating a healthy lifestyle?
● Does technology diminish your awareness or internal intuition about eating? If
so, how would you get around that?
● How would you encourage our influencers to help their audience embrace new
ideas in healthy meal making?
● There are so many different dietary preferences out there (paleo, gluten free,
vegetarian, etc) How do you reconcile your own philosophies with an
increasingly diverse audience?
● Any insights you can share that our audience doesn’t already know?
Let’s get started
Find joy in meal planning and discovering new recipes!
Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube
Stock your kitchen
Key staples for creating a healthy meal:
● sea salt, coconut oil, coconut milk, honey,
herbs and spices.
Keep your kitchen clean and tidy
● Washing dishes in between food prep steps
and right after you finish a meal.
Keep it simple
A flavorful, delicious meal can be created with under
10 ingredients and 30 minutes!
Prep snacks ahead of time
Bag up some almonds or pre-pack some carrots
Stop counting calories and start looking for color.
Create meals with a rainbow of whole, unprocessed,
nutrient-packed foods ( fruits and veggies!)
Play music or listen to something inspiring while you cook
Keep good snacks around.
Eat less quantity (portion control) by using smaller plates.
Identify some good takeout/delivery options.
Cook for/with people.
Have a cupcake every once in a while.
But made from whole ingredients.
For me, it's a good burger.
Downsize your dishware:
● This one is a no brainer! Eat off smaller dishes
and invest in tall, thin glasses to eat + drink
Snack between meals:
● Hunger causes hormonal changes that spur
cravings for fatty, salty, and sugary foods.
Overindulgence (+ regret) follows.
● Make a shopping list: Have an action plan at the
supermarket. Don’t go hungry and stick to the
● Cook + freeze: Dinner plan B for crazy days!
● Keep an arsenal of healthy snacks on hand.
● Transform small meals into bigger ones!
Colors provide lots of volume (+nutrition) for
● Enjoy local + seasonal to optimize taste and
Invest in great ingredients:
● Good quality ingredients require little
manipulation to taste (and look) fantastic!
● Aim to be better not perfect.
● It’s okay to enjoy treats every once in a while.
Tweet your question to @TheOrangeChefCo with #WhatsForDinner
Sign up for our affiliate program! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share the news on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook
Join our Gaggle to get the latest messages to share
Pre-order today at orangechef.com
Join the Orange Chef community