Harold de Vries, Head of B2B Marketing, LG Electronics
Topic: How to consider new technology within your marketing activities
- Digital signage vs. “old fashioned POS”
- How to choose a signage solution that fits with your marketing strategy
- What’s right for you? 4k or Full HD?
- Why content remains your most important tool
ULTRA HD Digital Signage
Take off for digital signage in commercial spaces 5 years ago
• New technologies
• Improved quality and durability
• Simpler installations
• More digital content
• Follow competition
How to select and implement the right solution
• What is your objective?
What are you trying to achieve?
• How can you achieve this and it digital signage required?
• Consider internal and external factors for digital signage
Where will the signage be located?
Select the right screen for every location
• Create the right content & content management solution
Objectives: 1. Increase advertising revenue
2. Engage more with fans
3. Improve image, becoming a leading brand
Objectives: 1. Increase sales within pubs
2. Increase sales of “Extra cold” brand
Results: 1. Sales increased
2. After installation 83% coolers received better position behind the bar
3. 67% placed above bar level
You will use digital signage, but how to select brand/product?
• Where will display be placed? Direct ambient or sun light on display?
• What are the required viewing angles and distance to screen?
• How long will display be in operation every day or do you require 24/7?
• What is your content plan
- external media player
- Fail over solution
Market moves to 4K technology, but is it required?
• 4K will be the future and make digital signage suitable for new content
• New 4K content required for 4K screens
Full HD content not automatically upgraded to 4K
• Content management issues, 4K files over network requires capacity