RAI - Octane Report 2014

783 views

Published on

'India Retail e-Marketing Study 2014 - Modern Retail Engagement – Instant. Disruptive. Smart.'

This year the report is about Modern Retail with offline retailers jumping into online space and online retailers increasing their presence with physical store space. Additionally, the report marks the importance of customer engagement in a retail marketer's life and how different digital marketing channels help marketers to achieve this goal.

Published in: Marketing, Business, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
783
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
5
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
13
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

RAI - Octane Report 2014

  1. 1. All Rights Reserved © 2014 :: Octane Marketing Pvt. Ltd. Punit Modhgil Founder Director Octane.in @modhgil #ReTechCon14 @octanein
  2. 2. Disruptive Forces: India Retail • Data • Devices • Digital
  3. 3. Targeted?
  4. 4. All Rights Reserved © 2014 :: Octane Marketing Pvt. Ltd. Research Participants: 80 retailers, industry heavyweights to ambitious start-ups. Our research team analysed feedback received from CXOs, Directors, Presidents & Vice-Presidents, Business Heads and Marketing Managers. Reporting metrics were also analyzed for the 900 million plus emails that go through the Octane platform per month India Retail e-Marketing Study 2014
  5. 5. All Rights Reserved © 2014 :: Octane Marketing Pvt. Ltd. Type of Retailers: 69% of our respondents being multi-brand retailers and the remaining 31% representing single brand operations India Retail e-Marketing Study 2014
  6. 6. All Rights Reserved © 2014 :: Octane Marketing Pvt. Ltd. Primary Marketing Goals for Retailers: 55% of marketers voted Customer Acquisition as primary goal, whereas with the rising competition in the retail market and some consolidation, 26% of marketers voted for Brand Awareness India Retail e-Marketing Study 2014
  7. 7. All Rights Reserved © 2014 :: Octane Marketing Pvt. Ltd. India Retail e-Marketing Study 2014 Importance of Email Marketing: 67% marketer said they use the channel of Email Marketing and think it important for their ROI and Customer Engagement. 21% know the importance of email in their marketing cycle and would start engaging with this channel
  8. 8. All Rights Reserved © 2014 :: Octane Marketing Pvt. Ltd. India Retail e-Marketing Study 2014 Importance of Mobile Devices: 67% respondents saying that mobile devices are important for their marketing plans. 21% said that they use it, however it’s not focused and 12% haven’t yet updated their marketing activities according to mobile platform
  9. 9. All Rights Reserved © 2014 :: Octane Marketing Pvt. Ltd. Cart Abandonment Program: 11% of the retailers have implemented the cart abandonment program, while 57% of the retailers don’t have any cart abandonment program and 16% of the retailers said that they plan to use this in the near future India Retail e-Marketing Study 2014
  10. 10. Using Technology for Marketing
  11. 11. Online Marketing Initiatives go Social
  12. 12. Importance of Email Marketing continues
  13. 13. Print gains momentum in Offline
  14. 14. Improving Consumer Engagement
  15. 15. Improving Consumer Engagement
  16. 16. e-Marketing’s contribution to Revenue
  17. 17. How to get the best out of #EmailMarketing in 2014 • User controlled, Content led • 100% Opt-in • TransPromo • Progressive Profiling & Personalization
  18. 18. How to get the best out of #EmailMarketing in 2014 • ‘Send’ is 1/3rd of the project • Programmatic & Not Ad hoc – Automated triggers – Part of CRM and not standalone – Welcome program, Cart Abandonment program, WinBack program, Predictive • Responsive, responsive, responsive • Measure, test, measure, test-> A, B, C…
  19. 19. Thank you and let’s continue our conversation… #ReTechCon14 @octanein octane.in/research

×