how to deal
3. write an
At the end of the lesson, you are
Personal Development is the process of
improving oneself. But you can only improve
if you know who you are. How well do you
know yourself? Developing oneself opens you
to new discoveries and new growth. It may
take time but it is worth the journey. Starting
to build your life now determines what your
future will be.
(Perez, A., p.3, Intro. To Personal Development)
Understanding Oneself During
Middle and Late Adolescence
Adolescence is a transitional period
between childhood and adulthood, usually seen
as being bound by puberty at the lower end and
by the assumption of adult responsibilities at
the upper end. This can be viewed by different
developmental standpoints which can be
influenced by different factors such as
biological, cognitive, emotional and social
11-14 years old)
THREE PHASES OF ADOLESCENCE
15-17 years old)
18-21 years old)
● Spiritual You can enter a subtitle
here if you need it
- Defined as what an individual sees, perceives,
and defines oneself apart from others.
- The term self-perception is a sub-definition of
this simple yet complex concept.
- revolves around the physical body of human
being; its processes, functions, mechanisms,
- responsible for giving us the ability to move our
muscles, to perceive our surroundings, and to
think of the ideas and opinions that bring
wonders to our lives and of others.
- contains the concepts of stress, cognition,
behavior, attitude, emotion, and ultimately,
- allows us to view ourselves in a spiritual
level - as spiritual beings.
- it holds a relevance to a perceived existence
Cite examples of your
physical self, psychological
self and spiritual self.
● Behavior You can enter a subtitle
here if you need it
- It is a key factor in personality
- It is a settled way of thinking
and feeling about someone of or
something, typically reflecting
in a person’s behavior.
- It can be both explicit and implicit.
- are thoughts or feelings that
conscious awareness does not
- can be perceived consciously and
- In psychology, it is the term
used to represent emotions
directed to the self, the
environment, and to others.
- It is the way we think.
- It encompasses our thoughts in
different levels, ranging from
ourselves to our environment,
from imaginary to perceivable
- It is the action form or
manifestation of attitude.
- Without attitude, affect and
cognition, behavior will be
rendered baseless and
“Knowing yourself is the
beginning of all wisdom.”
CREDITS: This presentation template was created
by Slidesgo, and includes icons by Flaticon, and
infographics & images by Freepik
Do you have any questions?
email@example.com | +91 620 421 838
Please keep this slide for attribution
Here’s an assortment of alternative resources whose style fits that of this template:
● Collection flat design pop ups