Visual experience to enhance
children's hearing tests
What Herring is?
A computer connected to audiometer.
Consists of three inspiring games.
Hearing is measured while patient is playing these games.
The impact of Herring
At the moment, Herring is used in three major hospitals.
Nurses and doctors are reporting significant improvement in
- patient interest (especially autists),
- rate of successful hearing tests and
- results. Patients also do slightly better in tests.
An academic study is needed to confirm this.
Herring is a separate computer.
It doesn't interrupt normal system flow of the hearing test, nor
does it require resources from the other computers or
Only a plug and play installation is needed with most common
audiometers, such as Aurical. No software installation to
computer running Noah is needed.
However, as Herring is positioned between audiometer and
computer operating Noah, it must be kept running even though
it is not used.
Our passion is to create Good products, services and software.
- Ville is a software development and usability specialist.-
Johannes has a focus on knowledge intensive business
Herring is as one of the many projects we have conducted.
It was great fun to create Herring. Our passion doesn't go much
further, but it would be a shame to let Herring be a hidden gem.
Revealing the gem
Herring lacks strong, standardized marketing and sales
We don't have large scale production capabilities.
On the other hand, we have a sticky product which
- is build from existing, inexpensive components
- makes selling new audiometers and other products and
- makes hearing test a fun play for the kid.