Official poll results from the Oakland mayoral and city council poll commissioned by www.oakmayor2014.com and conducted by FM3 Research.
FM3 completed 1,012 telephone interviews with likely November 2014 voters in the City of Oakland
• Interviews were conducted September 8-14, 2014
• Interviews conducted on landlines and cell phones
• Interviews conducted in English, Spanish and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin)
712 interviews were conducted citywide
An additional 300 interviews were conducted in the 2nd, 4th and 6th City Council Districts, yielding the following total number of interviews in each District:
• 209 in City Council District 2
• 206 in City Council District 4
• 211 in City Council District 6
Margin of sampling error of +/-3.7% for the citywide results
Margin of sampling error of +/-6.9% for the City Council District results
Due to rounding, not all percentages sum to 100%
• Names and ballot designations for all certified candidates in each race were read to respondents.
• The candidates were read in random order.
• Respondents were asked for their first, second and third choices.
• To model ranked-choice voting, undecided voters were eliminated. Supporters of the lowest-ranked candidate were re-allocated based on their second-and third-choice preferences. The process was repeated until a candidate reached majority support.