Be the first to like this
This OECD Global Forum on Environment dedicated on "Mainstreaming Gender and Empowering Women for Environmental Sustainability" took place on the 5th and 6th March 2020. Over two days, participants discussed the gender – environmental sustainability nexus, identifying and proposing ways to capitalise on synergies between environmental policies and economic and social goals, such as achieving gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
The Global Forum covered the following issues:
• Integrating gender into environmental policies: Data and evidence challenges;
• Differentiated environmental impacts on women’s and men’s health and well-being;
• Sustainable and gender-inclusive urbanisation, settlements and transport infrastructure;
• Gender-specific consumption patterns, behavioural insights, and circular economy;
• Biodiversity, agriculture, fisheries: changing economic opportunities for women and men;
• Greening energy and ensuring a just transition for men and women;
• Environmental justice and empowering women and youth.
More information on the Global Forum on Environment focusing on gender can be found here: http://www.oecd.org/env/global-forum-on-environment-mainstreaming-gender-and-empowering-women-for-environmental-sustainability.htm
More information on the OECD Environment Directorate’s work on gender, inclusiveness and the SDGs can be found here: http://www.oecd.org/environment/gender-inclusiveness-and-sdg.htm