dialogue on greening the
economy in Armenia
23 March 2016. Moldova
• Established: 2007
• Official social partner with Government and
• Members: 13350
• Regional and sectorial associations: 24
• IOE Member
• ILO Partner
RUEA Greening Activities/Projects
• National Collective Agreement 2015-2018
• 3 conferences on green economy (2012-2015)
• Resources and energy savings trainings and consulting
• Support on implementation of ISO14001 and ISO50001
• Simplified Environmental Management Systems for
greening of enterprises
• EaP GREEN program launched in Armenia (2013) for
transition to a green economy.
• ToT programs on resources saving
What we do for members.
Environmental protection and green economy
(RUEA Strategic Planning 2016-2018)
• Development of global
• Promotion of international
• Promotion of trade and global
• Productivity and business
• Decrease of corruption risks
• Improvement of business
• Improvement of business ethics
• Workplace change initiatives
• Occupational Safety and Green
• Informing new environmental
regulations to our members
• CSR programs
• Sector-specific technical
assistance to companies
introducing green practices
• Capacity building for promoting
green good practices.
• Provision of information
regarding changes in industry
technical standards, policy and
• Networking through conferences,
workshops and other events with
Dialogue with Government
• Social dialogue since 2009 on social-labour relations.
• Since 2015 on social-economic relations:
o SME developments
o Innovation economy
o Resources and energy saving
• SME greening collaboration:
o Study of good practices
o Promotion of eco-friendly activities
o Green Awards to enterprises
• Green Concept development
o Negotiations and workshops
o Provision of recommendations
o Awareness about the concept
Collaboration with business groups
• Foundations, educational institutions, NGOs
• Social and Energy Efficiency Housing
• Renewable energy projects
• Industrial big companies and banks: construction, mining, food
• Conferences and workshops on green economy, exchange of
• Green economy and green job places
• ISO14001 Environmental Management System and Global
Conformance Green Company
• CSR and UN Global Compact principles:
o P7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to
o P8: Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental
o P9: Encourage the development and diffusion of
environmentally friendly technologies.
The Green Concept
• RUEA is a member of the Green Economy
Commission (co-chair of the Commission)
• Developed concept in the framework of “Sustainable
Development Agenda until 2030” (UN “RIO+20”) in
Armenia (by the decision of the Prime-minister of
Armenia in 2013).
• The Concept is to support Armenia to integrate into
global processes “Post RIO+20”.
The Concept includes:
1. Mining activities and the environment and public health.
2. Development of alternative (renewable) energy and resources-
3. Sustainable management of water resources.
4. Sustainable waste management.
5. The development of organic farming.
6. The development of sustainable tourism.
7. Sustainable cities / development of "green" architecture.
8. Sustainable forest management, biodiversity conservation.
9. Education for sustainable development.
10. Replacement of the Millennium Development Goals objectives of
sustainable development. Criteria for sustainable development.
11. Encourage the introduction of legislative and economic
instruments in the field of green economy.
Green Economy. Development of Legal
and Economic Mechanisms
Action Plan 2014-2016 approved in July 2014:
• Identification of existing institutional opportunities for
development of green economy and resources.
• Establishing a government reporting system on green
• Implementation of CSR programs in large enterprises in
harmful industry sectors
• Awareness on green economy concept (school-university)
• Particular support to organizations that use recycled materials
and implement non-waste technology.
• Creation of financial incentives developing green economy.
• Teaching about green economy in VET schools and
• Recycling of used materials and waste,
development/implementation of non-waste technology.
• Creation of green jobs (energy saving, classification of
industrial waste, use of alternative energy sources).
• Publication of mini-guidebooks for businesses.
• For greening of enterprises implementation of simplified
Environmental Management Systems and awarding
certificates (RUEA, together with the Ministry of Economy).
+37410 527 421