A good landscape can lead to an absolute satisfaction when it comes to owning a house. This also enhances and increases the value of one’s property. While an awfully managed lawn diminishes the overall appearance of your home and boosts the risk related issues.
6 Reasons Why You Should Prune Your
1. Who wouldn’t want a relaxing ambience? Pruning your trees is like grooming it. It impacts the total
appearance of a tree since it improves its structure/shape. By eliminating dead limbs and dying branches, new
growth production will stimulate. Removal of these branches will also allow the sun to penetrate deep into the
interior of the plant. Exposure to the sun will lead to full expansion of foliage and maximization of
2. Safety and Protection. Who are you protecting to? Protect community and property. This is the most
imperative reason why you should hire an arborist to do the pruning activity. As you may have noticed,
trees planted near homes, parks and streets that are not properly maintained present a tremendous threat to
human safety and property security. Mature trees if neglected with cavities and dead branches can propose
risk by falling off or breaking off its heavy limbs and branches. Proper and regular maintenance of trees
through pruning is promoted since removal of unhealthy tree is more cost-consuming.
3. Disease Treatment. Not only humans need treatment when experiencing sickness but also trees
encountering diseases. Through this process, potential damage to the main branch will be prevented. Only
those injured, dead and dying branches will be removed for the sake of tree health. Pruning not only ceases
the spreading of disease, it also assists treating it.
4. Tree Size Restriction. Pruning procedure is most beneficial to areas with limited space. Think of this
situation, you are living in an urban or sub urban areas having a restricted place. You still decide to grow a
tree for personal aesthetic satisfaction. Having been said the situation, what do you think will be the major
problem? Tree growth, right? In this case, you should perform pruning regularly to keep trees and shrubs
out-growing the space of your yard or garden. Professional assistance will surely be required in meticulous
5. Tree Growth. When an arborist performs proper technique of pruning trees, roots will become stronger.
This means trees will grow healthier and of course more susceptible to storm damage.
6. Co-dominant Leaders Removal. Do not be confused. The term “Co-dominant Leaders” in tree terms
means two branches growing near the top of a tree that grow straight up and become equally dominant. To
avoid branches from splitting and tearing wood cause by heavy winds, it is highly recommended to cut off
one of the dominant branches. This will allow the other branch to grow and act as the only dominant
branch. Remember: The closer you get to the top of the tree, the less dominant a branch should be.