• 5 MIE (STEM) Educators met in Microsoft Sydney
– Teachers are from New South Wales, South Australia,
– To create a Transformation Project
• Transformation Project Objective:
– To create a learning environment where students from
Australia and New Zealand could collaborate and learn
21st Century learning skills
• How to collaborate and communicate on web
based projects with global colleagues
• How to self-direct their learning in a games-
• How to employ computational thinking to
build functioning machines in Minecraft
• Students plan, design and collaboratively create
structures and functioning machines in Minecraft.
• Students learn how to communicate and collaborate
effectively in web based projects.
• Students have real global audiences for their creations.
• Students run virtual excursions for
other schools in their Minecraft world
• Minecraft 4 Me is targeted at
students of diverse
backgrounds, academic and
technical ability levels.
• Each member bring unique experiences and lessons
to the team enabling in the team to be able to
continuously collaborate to enhance the benefits of
• All members of Minecraft 4 Me are currently accessing
Minecraft daily and Skype at least 2 nights a week.
• This is a student led program and the role of the
educator in Minecraft 4 Me is to facilitate and assist
students (and teachers) as needed
• Minecraft is PART of the experience. Students must use
other tools to support their learning